Bakery Sales Associate
|Date Posted||June 24, 2019|
Hartville Kitchen Bakery Sales – Vinegar – Oils – Spice Specialist
About us: Hartville Kitchen is a Tripadvisor top rated restaurant and part of a campus of companies that has become a destination for customers from near and far. Our local, family owned company is a leader in the markets we serve and is full of people who work each day to go beyond our customers’ expectations. We are committed to being a great place to work and encourage our team members to excel and grow professionally.
About the position: The Hartville Kitchen Bakery Sales area is opening a Brand-New Gourmet Vinegar and Oil sales area. This position could be part time or full time depending on the candidate. The ideal sales associate will be passionate about foods and the paring of old and new flavors. The Vinegar & Oil Sales Associate will be responsible for learning how to pare vinegar and oils with other foods to bring out the best flavor of what the customer will be serving on their table. Their duties and responsibilities will include working closely with customers to determine their needs, answer their questions about our products and recommend the right solutions. Setting up and maintaining the display areas to keep them presentable and appetizing, especially when sampling, to encourage sales. They will be required to stay up-to-date with product features and maintain our store’s visual appearance in high standards.
- Welcoming our customers into the store and answers their questions.
- Actively seek out customers and assist them with the products.
- Ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Assess the customers’ needs / tastes and provide assistance with the product information and features.
- Go the “Extra Mile” to drive customer sales
- Constantly stay up-to-date on product knowledge and be the product expert for our customers
- Setting up and maintaining the display areas to keep them presentable and appetizing, especially when sampling, to encourage sales.
- When sampling follow food safety protocols.
- Team up with co-workers to make sure of excellent customer service.
- Cross selling products.
- Build a productive trust with customers.
- Operating the POS system
- Must remain on the floor at all times with the exception of breaks or retrieving merchandise from the warehouse.
- A friendly and energetic personality with customer service focus
- Proven work experience as a Retail Sales associate.
- Basic understanding of sales principles and customer service practices
- The ability to actively listen to the customer and understand their comments
- Proficiency in English
- Basic Math skills
- Hands-on experience with POS transactions
- Self-Motivated - Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of one’s ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to perform under pressure and address complaints in a timely manner
- Availability to work flexible shifts
Never work a Sunday – Both Full Time and Part Time positions – Great Benefits – No Late Evenings