|Date Posted||March 13, 2019|
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Demonstrates educational support by keeping informed of Medicare Rules and Regulations as well as other payer requirements for billing claims. Validates coding and enters charges as necessary for offices within UPS. Performs other duties as assigned.
The above statement reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work inherent in the job.
- High School Graduate or Equivalent.
- CPC Certified, two years coding experience.
- Must be willing and able to learn other specialties.
- Working knowledge of Epic, Practice Management/EMR, Outlook required.
- Minimum of two-year coding work experience in a medical office environment is highly preferred.
- Medical terminology knowledge required.
- Multiple task oriented, ability to work independently and prioritize work.
- Excellent PC Data entry/typing skills required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills/ability to work well with people projecting a positive image for the Hospital.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and detail skills.
- Ability to remain calm and function well in stressful situations.
The above statement reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
Interested applicants must submit their application at the Union Hospital website to be considered.
Applications submitted using the Apply Online button will not be accepted.