|Date Posted||January 10, 2022|
Job Description for Building and Grounds Technician
Salary Range: $35,000 - $45,000
Reports To: Maintenance Manager
Date: July 27, 2021
This position performs minor and major repairs as necessary, in the areas of building and grounds maintenance, to all property owned by SARTA. This position maintains the beauty, cleanliness, and safety of all SARTA properties.
- Maintain SARTA buildings, making sure all buildings, equipment, and grounds are kept in sound condition and appearance at all times.
- Performs major and minor repairs.
- Conducts preventative maintenance inspections on SARTA buildings and equipment.
- Conducts safety audits on facilities.
- Knowledge of electrical, plumbing, lighting, air compressor, HVAC, boilers and boiler pumps, hydraulic systems, electric motors 460 volt three phase and 227 volt single phase, low pressure boilers and boiler pumps, roof top A/C systems, and telephone and voice mail systems.
- Possesses troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Ability to maintain good public and employee relations.
- Ability to self-motivate and work alone.
- This position oversees no direct reports.
- This job operates in all environments in which SARTA conducts business which includes, but is not limited to: a shop environment, an office environment, in a variety of company vehicles, and in constantly changing maintenance environments, both indoor and outdoor.
- This job is often exposed to extreme temperatures and weather.
Position Expected Hours of Work
- Tuesday-Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm
- Saturday 5:30am - 2:00pm
- Off Sunday and Monday
- Schedule is subject to change at any time, with or without notice, due to inclement weather or other unforeseen circumstances.
- Little to no overnight travel is expected for this role.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED.
- Troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Must be able to operate company vehicles.
- Must be able to operate snow removal equipment.
Beneficial Education and Experience
- Knowledge of air compressors, electric motors 460 volt three phase and 227 volt single phase, low pressure boilers and boiler pumps, roof top A/C systems, and telephone and voice mail systems.
Equal Employment Opportunity Non-Discrimination Statement
- SARTA is committed to ensuring the values of equity, diversity, and productivity in the workplace. SARTA is an equal employment opportunity employer and strives to maintain a diverse workforce reflective of the community we serve.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license from state of residence and a good driving record.
- Must be able to comply with SARTA’s Nicotine-free work environment.
- Must pass an employment physical examination to be certified for the position and maintain a physical condition which, either with or without accommodation, allows completion of all essential duties.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol test.
- Must be able to comply with SARTA’s Drug and Alcohol Policy and function in a drug-free and alcohol-free work environment.
- Must submit documentation supporting United States citizenship or an alien lawfully authorized to work in the United States in accordance with SARTA’s obligation under the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986.
- Must pass a criminal background investigation.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please apply online at SARTAonline.com/jobs