|Location||North Canton, OH|
|Date Posted||April 30, 2021|
Business Development Manager will be in charge of managing and supporting a team of Business Development Associates. The Business Development Manager will be responsible for continuous training and ensuring the growth and success of the Business Development Team. Assists in sales/business development activities necessary to generate leads and sales revenue for GBS Corp.
This role collaborates closely with Sales, Operations and Marketing team members to maximize pipeline creation through outbound marketing activities. This role will define and align business development team sales goals, sales strategies and tactics as well as improve processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop a thorough understanding and acknowledge the relevance of GBS products and services to the market.
- Promote and sell GBS Products and Services through all facets of business development, promotions, mass mailings and sales letters.
- Prospect, educate, qualify and develop sales ready leads and opportunities from lead generation activities and outbound cold calling into targeted markets.
- Conduct Business Development calls to upsell GBS products and services to existing customers.
- Assist in training, mentoring and developing BD Associates areas of most importance include calling, prospecting, questioning, script development, discovery, objection handling, and establishing the proper processes for success.
- Oversee the day-to-day activities of all BD Associates by establishing expectations and requirements for team.
- Motivating Business Development Team through coaching, incentives and competitions.
- Develop and maintain key performance metrics and dashboards that help the Business Development Associate focus on maximizing performance.
- Work with Sales and Marketing to optimize pipeline and revenue creation.
- Build an open-communication environment for your team.
- Utilization of Salesforce.com for documenting prospecting efforts and tracking client information.
- Utilize MS software programs for personal productivity on your computer. The programs are used for business development scripts, presentations and personal productivity.
- Participate in Sales Guides development/revisions with the Marketing and Sales Team to educate others on the products and services.
- Timely completion of all weekly and monthly reports and activities.
- Must meet minimum assigned business development and marketing activities and provide all requested activity reports to your manager.
- Read brochures and educational materials and attend system demonstrations in order to become intimately familiar with the various GBS products.
- Participates in sales events (e.g. trade shows, seminars), as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned and/or assume additional responsibilities as required.
QUALIFICATIONS (Knowledge, Skills, and Ability Requirements)
- Understand lead development/sales processes.
- Proven prospecting, lead generation and sales success.
- This candidate must be a strong coach and leader, extremely well organized and continuously enhance our Business Development Team.
- Self-motivated, energetic team player with a "can do" attitude
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experienced in utilizing the PC, Microsoft office, and the internet for presentations, business software, project management and all forms of communication.
- Effective verbal/written communication skills. Ability to communicate in a professional manner when dealing with customers, partners, etc.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Good organizational skills and follow-through.
- Previous management or supervisory experience.
- Minimum of 5 years or more in Business Development and/or Sales.
- Bachelor Degree Business/Marketing/Inside Sales or related experience.
Does this job have supervisory responsibilities? Yes
Are there subordinate supervisors reporting to this job? No
Are there other non-supervisory employees who report directly to this job? No
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
None required but any type of degree or certification would be desired.
GBS offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
Competitive wages, medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance, long and short-term disability, paid time off and paid holidays. employee stock ownership retirement plan, cash profit sharing, wellness program, philanthropy programs, advancement opportunity, incentive programs, rate progression and more