|Location||North Canton, OH|
|Date Posted||April 30, 2021|
Are you competitive? Do you thrive on hitting targets and surpassing expectations? Are you great with people and driven to find solutions?
GBS is immediately looking for competitive, driven and forward-thinking candidates to join our Business Development team.
GBS is a leading information solutions provider, partnering with some of the world's most established brand names as well as smaller forward-thinking organizations. Across every one of our diverse product and service platforms, we innovate increased productivity for our customers. GBS is employee-owned, so our culture is one that values people, their commitment to meeting customers' needs and the expertise that enables them to do this successfully.
As a BDA, you will be responsible for nurturing and developing leads into qualified sales opportunities, as well as supporting the sales team with prospect development. This role will be a fast-paced challenge, and you will need to bring a positive, go-getter attitude every day. This position is an entry-level new business development role with the trajectory of advancing into a Sales Associate position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop a thorough understanding of GBS products and services to promote and communicate them to potential buyers (or to the market).
- Promote GBS Products and Services through all facets of business development, promotions and communications.
- Phone-based prospecting with a predefined account list to promote products and uncover interested prospects that will flow through the sales process.
- Generate early-stage demand resulting in an increase of quality leads into the sales pipeline.
- Participate with Sales Reps to learn the sales process prior to successfully transitioning into a sales role.
- Utilization of Salesforce.com for documenting prospecting efforts and tracking client information.
- Make suggestions to improve the process and increase sales performance.
- Utilize MS software programs for personal productivity on your computer. The programs are used for business development scripts, presentations and personal productivity.
- Timely completion of all weekly and monthly reports and activities.
- Must meet minimum assigned business development goals or requirements and provide all requested activity reports to your manager.
- Read brochures and education materials and attend system demonstrations in order to become intimately familiar with the various GBS products.
- Participates in sales events (e.g. trade shows, seminars), as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned and/or assume additional responsibilities as required.
QUALIFICATIONS (Knowledge, Skills, and Ability Requirements)
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Previous inbound or outbound sales development experience [1-2 years] preferred
- A can-do attitude and tenacious spirit
- A go-getter that takes the initiative to make things happen rather than waiting.
- Coachability: You constantly want to improve and are open to constructive feedback.
- Flexibility to adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Experienced in utilizing the PC, Microsoft Office and the internet for presentation, business software, project management, and all forms of communication.
- Effective verbal/written communication skills. Ability to communicate in a professional manner when dealing with customers, partners, etc.
- A strong goal orientation
- Good organizational skills and follow-through.
Does this job have supervisory responsibilities? No
Are there subordinate supervisors reporting to this job? No
Are there other non-supervisory employees who report directly to this job? No
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS, OTHER
None required, but any type of degree or certification would be desired.
GBS offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
Competitive wages, medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance, long and short-term disability, paid time off and paid holidays. employee stock ownership retirement plan, cash profit sharing, wellness program, philanthropy programs, advancement opportunity, incentive programs, rate progression and more