|Date Posted||April 28, 2021|
Salary range: $18.00 - $20.00 per hour, part time, 20 hours per week, flexible schedule M-F from 8AM – 5PM
As one of the nation’s premier humanitarian organizations, the American Red Cross is dedicated to helping people in need throughout the United States and, in association with other Red Cross networks, throughout the world. We depend on the many generous contributions of time, blood, and money from the American public to support our lifesaving services and programs.
As an employee at the American Red Cross, you could be on the front lines making a positive impact on our community. You could provide your services directly to the American public or support to the people who do. Both roles help further the mission of the Red Cross. Join our non-profit organization, where your heart and mind go to work!
The American Red Cross Northern Ohio Region is seeking a Business Operations Coordinator (Part-Time) to be based in our Canton, OH Chapter.
NOTE: Due to Covid19, this position will temporarily work from home/remote. Selected candidate for hire must live in or near Canton, Ohio.
Provide standard and complex administrative support to a department, group or program. Prepare reports and various correspondences. Support the administration of projects, programs, and/or processes applicable to the business unit. Coordinate various schedules for department or group program or services. Provide support, development and/or leadership guidance to all volunteers.
Perform all duties and responsibilities in compliance with standard operating procedures and other applicable Federal, State and local regulations.
1: Prepare and maintain memos, records, reports, data or correspondence for staff signature. Review correspondence for consistency with corporate policies and practices. May assist in the development of presentations.
2: Perform general administrative duties such as maintaining and collecting data, coordinating the provision of organizational services (i.e. purchasing, supplies, catering, copying/printing), coordinating unit mail and communication flow, assisting in expenditure tracking and budget preparation.
3: Screen telephone and office callers and resolve routine inquiries. Answer routine requests and direct others to supervisor, appropriate staff member or another office.
4: Schedule and maintain calendar of appointments, meetings, events, program initiatives and travel itineraries.
5: May relieve other administrative staff in the unit during temporary absences.
- Financial & Administrative Reporting:Provides administrative budget monitoring and expenditure review regarding expenses including approval of regional procurementtransactions. Ensures location processes are established and functioning for all cash and card transactions. Responds to internal/external requests for information and/or documentation and delegates as appropriate to volunteers for input, tracking or reporting.
- Facilities/Asset Management Oversight:Coordinates activities of the facility in regard to maintenance. Collaborates with region management to ensure business office operations achieve objectives and performance targets. Is liaison with other sectors for sharedfacilities/assets.
- Volunteer Supervision and Coordination:Provides direction and training to volunteers to handle the administrative transactions necessary for the business, ensuring that their efforts are well-coordinated with the strategic businessgoals. Evaluates volunteer performance. Plans work schedules, assigns or delegates work daily.
- Fleet Management Support:Analyzes fleet inventory records. Ensures appropriate and timely maintenance. Manages and trains volunteers regarding the filing and maintenance of insurance claims and follow up with estimates/repairs. Is liaison with Fleet Management in other sectors.
- Events:Participates in planning eventsmeetings. Trains volunteers to prepare insurance certificate applications, financial collection processes, and appropriate forms and codes used for regulated items including alcohol.
- Trainer for Business Applications and IT Services:Trains staff in use of business software application systems. Expedites escalations for regional phone and computer issues. Assures appropriate level of assistance for expediting tech services requests.
Scope:Considerable knowledge of job. Complete acquaintance with and understanding of general and detailed aspects of the job. Contact with individuals representing other departments and/or representing outside organizations.
Education: High School or equivalent is required.
Experience: Minimum 5 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and related experience required.
Management Experience: N/A
Skills & Abilities: Good verbal and written communication skills. Experience in personal computer use and Microsoft Office Suite. Proficient typing skills required. Ability to work on a team.
Travel: None or very little.
* Combination of candidate’s education and general experience satisfies requirements so long as the total years equate to description’s minimum education and general experience years combined (Management experience cannot be substituted).
Preferred Qualifications: Minimum 4 years’ financial or facilities business operations/administrative experience in community organizations, government agencies, non-profit organizations or business. Experience working effectively with volunteers and board members. Experience in coordinating finance and administrative functions including information systems and facilities.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The work environment will consist of moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phones and printers, light traffic). The employee must have the ability to work in a small cubicle and have the ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.