|Date Posted||October 8, 2020|
♥ You already love us ♥
Shearer’s is a privately held producer, co-manufacturer and distributor of quality snack foods sold under the Shearer’s brand, and other private labels. As a matter of fact, Shearers is the number one producer of kettle cooked chips in the world! As the leader in North America, we private label and co-manufacture salty snacks and we are the second largest producer of cookies and crackers. We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. So, while you may not be familiar with our name, you likely eat the products we make on a regular basis. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to realize significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 11 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com .
At Shearer’s, we provide the safest environment possible for our employees by providing proper PPE (Personal Protective Equipment), frequent and thorough sanitation practices, social distancing, daily temperature checks, as well as virtual interviewing options. Safety is our absolute priority.
Business Process Analyst, Product Lifecycle Management
This position is located at our Headquarters in Massillon, OH
The Business Process Analyst role at Shearer’s will focus on both the strategic and tactical activities involving Stage Gate practices, process improvement and project management. This role is intended to enhance business performance through the planning and execution of strategic Stage Gate process development initiatives, the design of efficient and effective work processes, and the pursuit of overall continuous improvement. Project and Process Management functions include engaging cross-functional partners to meet organizational goals through the determination of solutions to business problems; the design and support of solutions for new or existing business processes; and effective planning, execution of and documentation of processes.
The Shearer’s Business Process Analysts must be able to see the big picture, understand project objectives and be able to apply their understanding of how processes should work to operational improvement initiatives.
This position reports to the Senior Director of Product Lifecycle Management & Commercialization and will office from Shearer’s Massillon Ohio headquarters.
Your seat at the table
- Responsible for driving and leading the Shearer’s Stage Gate process and optimizing the tools and systems that support the process
- Operationalize Stage Gate at the plant level, driving engagement, communication and productivity across functions
- Partner with cross-functional teams to evaluate and make recommendations to update department workflows that drive Stage Gate deliverables and improve productivity
- Work with Commercialization team, Business managers, and department managers to identify improvements to existing processes to deliver improved business performance and effectiveness
- Lead the discovery and conceptual design work required to translate business process needs into actionable solutions
- Review current data tools and provide insights, identifying gaps in Shearer’s LCM (Lifecycle Management) tool and discovering opportunities to optimize the tool to deliver relevant and impactful data
- Lead the information gathering of LCM tool requirements by working directly with users, the Plant and Supply Chain partners to further build and improve the user experience
- Work with IT Support team to determine what tools are needed to support the business process as well as alerts and reports needed to provide visibility to issues
- Develop data gathering and process mapping by working with IT partners to build scripts that will make our data evaluation process more flexible or scalable
- Monitor and maintain applications, ensuring proper updates and compliance with requirements, systems trainings and materials
- Track and report on enhancement requests and development efforts to provide visibility to management on timeline for expected changes/improvements
- Facilitate process workshops and trainings
What you bring to the table
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- Excellent working knowledge of new product launch process (Stage Gate)
- Ability to translate business requirements into non-technical, lay terms
- Ability to coordinate with IT department to develop and implement new/existing process models
- Excellent process development skills and diagramming ability
- Proven capacity to run workshops and successfully lead x-functional meetings
- Experience developing policies and procedures for the collection and documentation of process
- Strong leadership and vision
- Strong understanding of business principles
- Proficiency of key process and analytical databases, Programming languages, system mapping, ERP, CRM, BI, and other BPM tools
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving ability
- Excellent project management skills and ability to juggle multiple projects
- Proven success in a collaborative, team-oriented environment
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer’s, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.