|Date Posted||May 14, 2019|
Position Concept: The Career/Academic Specialist is responsible and expected to independently perform and support academic and career planning related services under minimal supervision under the Youth-Career Exploration Program (Y-CEP).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as an active member of the Youth Career Exploration Program (Y-CEP) and the promotion of positive experiences for program participants.
- Interview, advise and direct a diverse participant population of their responsibilities and obligations guiding program participation.
- Facilitate the conduct of various assessments designed to assist in the identification of career interests..
- Analyze participant information derived from application, assessments and other sources to assist in the development of career plans
- Assist in the design of and implementation of a wide range of instructional activities, materials, program services and strategies to support career exploration and exposure, sessions, employer visits and presentations.
- Provide supervision, guidance, counseling and mentoring support for Y-CEP students in the areas of academic achievement, career awareness and school success (attendance, behavior, personal and social issues) and life skills (e.g. organizational skills, time management, individual and social responsibility and work ethic).
Skills and Specifications:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with youth and diverse populations.
Bachelor Degree and/or Teaching Certificate with instructional experience preferred, or a combination of training, education and experience that is the equivalent to the employment standard listed above and that provide the required knowledge and abilities.