|Date Posted||May 15, 2019|
You already us
Shearers is a privately held producer, co-manufacturer and distributor of quality snack foods sold under the Shearers brand, and other private labels. As a matter of fact, Shearers is the number one producer of kettle cooked chips in the world! As the leader in North America, we private label and co-manufacture salty snacks and we are the second largest producer of cookies and crackers. We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. So, while you may not be familiar with our name, you likely eat the products we make on a regular basis. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to realize significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 11 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com .
Cash Application Specialist
Your seat at the table
Shearers Foods is currently seeking an energetic, articulate, self-motivated, individual with a can do attitude to join a fast paced Corporate & Accounting Treasury team as a Cash Application Specialist. The Cash Application Specialist is responsible for processing a high volume of cash receipts while providing support services to the Accounts Receivable department.
- Reconcile assigned cash receipts daily against banking with customer invoice details and input cash receipt batches into the ERP timely with 100% accuracy.
- Contact customers and access customer portals for remittance detail and deduction/claims support as necessary to accurately apply customer payments.
- Collaborate with deduction team on product shortages/damages, pricing discrepancies or other deductions taken by customers to properly create AR adjustment invoices into the ERP daily.
- Promptly respond to customer correspondence and requests in a professional manner.
- Generate copies of statements, invoices to customers as required.
- Assist collection specialist for customer updates/inquiries as necessary.
- Perform other assigned tasks and duties necessary to support the accounts receivable department.
- Reports to Accounts Receivable Supervisor.
What you bring to the table
- Associates degree in accounting or business.
- Three to five years accounts receivable experience in a high volume, fast-paced environment.
- Must have strong attention to detail with high accuracy and a solid understanding of accounts receivable procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Strong communication, problem solving analytical, and customer service skills required.
- Ability to work independently as well as to collaborate in a team environment.
- Excel intermediate skills required.
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearers, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!