|May 21, 2019
The Chief Operating Officer (COO) anticipates, plans, organizes and directs the operations of OMNI Orthopaedics, OASIS outpatient surgery center, and other entities, to ensure the highest quality of care and services are provided to our patients. The COO works closely with the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Executive board of OMNI Orthopaedics to lead and develop strategies designed to maintain the corporation’s independence. The position oversees, evaluates, and facilitates strategic planning, business development and external relations functions to support the achievement of short and long-term goals of the corporation(s). In addition to the daily operations, the COO is responsible for the identification, development and execution of new business ventures; network/market expansion, physician recruitment, employment transition, and insurance contract negotiations.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Manage Administrative team (HR Manager, Clinical Operations Manager, Clerical Billing Operations Manager, and Controller)
- Strategic planner in the corporation’s platforms, procedures, and programs
- Research and communicate material changes to payer contracts, policies, and procedures
- Business and medical contract analysis and negotiations
- Vendor/Management contract analysis and negotiations
- Physician recruitment, contracting, communication and management
- Employer health insurance contract negotiations with broker and HR manager
- Lead organization efforts to identify, evaluate, negotiate and establish partnerships as well as innovative relationships with external parties that bring complementary and/or synergistic capabilities to OMNI Orthopaedics.
- Analysis and reporting of key revenue cycle performance metrics by payer and service line
- Perform ad hoc analysis to support strategy, growth and initiatives
- Develop and maintain master charge fee schedule with Billing Revenue Operations Manager
- Analysis and maintenance of various payer fee schedules
- Prepare proformas for new ventures and changes to clinic and Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC) operations.
- Strategize, develop, and implement any projects requested by CEO or Executive board
- Patient relationship and experience liaison regarding dispute resolution
- Master’s degree (i.e. MBA, MHA, or comparable)
- 10 years’ experience in strategic planning, business and network development, provider integration, and be a proven high performing, strategic business development executive.
- Strong background in healthcare management with the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced and intellectually-stimulating environment.
- Demonstrated ability to build and lead a high functioning team.
- Outstanding interpersonal, negotiation, verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer and software familiarity with email, document writing, electronic data filing, spreadsheets, and paperless presentations
- Successfully build partnerships and collaborations while demonstrating expertise in negotiating complex transactions is essential.
- Skilled in utilizing market analytics and financial analysis/modeling to make strategic business decisions.
- Ability to build consensus among partners, providers, employees, and leaders within the community’s health systems.
- Flexibility and responsiveness to adapt decision-making activities in frequently changing situations.
Responses to qualified candidates only.
4760 Belpar St NW
Canton, Ohio 44718