|Date Posted||August 6, 2019|
V A C A N C Y N O T I C E
Child & Adolescent Behavioral Health
Position Available: Claims Specialist – Financial Counselor
The Claims Specialist is responsible for a variety of duties assigned by their supervisor. This includes monitoring and keeping individual client’s financial and insurance information up to date, making outgoing collection calls and setting up payment plans as needed, working with the clinical staff to close client accounts in system, submitting claims to outside collection agency, following up with outside collection agency on submitted claims, helping with incoming billing calls, monitoring self-pay accounts and correcting self-pay statement errors. This position will be responsible for maintaining the collection aging on over 120 day accounts to 15% or below. This position may also be requested to help with any other projects the billing department supervisor or CFO request. The Claims Specialist is responsible for clear, detailed communication with the clinical and billing staff regarding billing errors, and with payers for various payment-related issues. Communication with clients is trauma-informed reflecting sensitive, thoughtful, courteous communication taking into account the emotional nature of our work. Other special projects may be assigned.
The Claims Specialist – Financial Counselor should possess extensive knowledge in collections and familiarity with mental health billing.
Other Vital Skills include:
- The ability to work independently
- The ability to work collaboratively on projects
- The ability to create channels of communication to obtain information necessary to perform job tasks, such as with clients, payers, clinical staff, and billing department staff
- The ability to recognize individual and system problems and to communicate such information to the supervisor
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Outstanding attention to detail and excellent time management skills. This position requires mastery of a large amount of detail.
- Outstanding computer skills with billing software, preferably NextGen, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Able physically to lift the weight of a filled archive box, bend over file cabinets, sit at computer 3-4 hours at a time
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Duties will be assigned by Billing Supervisor and/or Chief Financial Officer. Among those duties are:
- Communicate with authorized payors for clients and keep their financial and insurance information up to date.
- Make outgoing collection calls for self-pay clients.
- Take collection payments for the agency and set up repayment plans with authorized payors.
- Recommend and submit accounts for collection with approval of Billing Supervisor and/or CFO and/or clinical staff.
- Follow up on collections with collection agency.
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining the Accounts Receivable aging over 120 days at 15% or less of total receivables.
- Take incoming billing calls.
- Follow up on any self-pay billing issues and work with billing department for corrections.
- Verify accuracy of billing data and revise errors.
- Operate software system for billing, posting, and claims research.
- Obtain and/or enter such documents as authorizations, financial agreements, and other such ancillary documents as may be necessary.
- Maintain detailed records as required.
- Resolve discrepancies in accounting records.
- Interact with staff, clients, payer and Agencies to answer questions, obtain information, and resolve issues.
- Monitor aging reports and take such steps as necessary to guarantee payment of claims.
- Coordinate and collect necessary information from staff or payers for claim adjudication.
- Recognize problem accounts and notify appropriate staff or supervisor to assist in problem resolution.
- Assist in the creation of manuals and protocols.
- Participate in billing auditing processes.
- Maintain open, positive, cordial, team-oriented lines of communication with Manager and other staff members.
- Contribute to the Billing Department team through positive attitude, respectful interaction, innovative ideas, efficiency, and ethical behavior.
- Other duties as assigned.
Salary Range: Will vary based on education, experience and skills
Questions to: Alicia Staton, Nextgen Cycle Manager @ (330) 454-7917, ext. 102
An Equal Opportunity Employer