|Date Posted||June 9, 2021|
Job Title: Delivery Driver (Class A and B CDL)
Location: Norton, OH
Reports to: Sprinkler Fabrication Shop Manager
FLSA Status: Hourly, Non-Exempt
Prepared By: Human Resources
Prepared Date: 09/20
Drives vehicle transporting materials and equipment to specific construction job sites performing the following duties. This position must comply with all state and federal regulations. The delivery driver reports directly to the VP of Engineering & Operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Verifies and secures loads.
- Inspects vehicle for defects before and after trips and submits report indicating vehicle condition.
- Drives vehicle to assigned destination(s).
- Assists workers in unloading and loading truck when required.
- Maintains truck log according to state and federal regulations, including ELD.
- Performs emergency roadside repairs such as changing tires, installing light bulbs, fuses, etc.
- Maintains cleanliness of vehicle.
- Conveys materials and items from receiving to storage or to other designated areas.
- Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves or in bins according to predetermined sequence.
- Fills work orders and/or requests for materials, tools or other stock items.
- Maintains inventory records.
- Must acquire possession of DOT medical card and a commercial driver’s license (CDL).
- Maintains cleanliness of shop, warehouse, storage yard, parking lot, and/or offices as needed.
- Utilizes tow behind trailer to make deliveries and pickups.
- Delivers and picks up permit applications, permits, and approved drawings.
- Must be able to work OT and off hour shifts as required.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- 3+ years of previous delivery driving or related work experience is required.
- Vocational or industry trade school is a plus.
- Possession of a current DOT Medical Card is required.
- Class A CDL is required.
- Valid driver’s license with driving record that meets or exceeds Company standards found in the Fleet Policy is required.
- Previous experience operating a forklift is required.
- Basic experience with Microsoft Office applications (i.e., Word and Excel) is required.
- Ability to think strategically, make sound decisions, and produce accurate and timely results is required.
- Building positive working relationships with multiple levels of employees and management is required.
- Demonstrating integrity and professionalism is required.
- Demonstrating commitment to company values is required.
- Excellent organizational skills are required.
- Ability to follow-up on tasks and assignments in a timely manner is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills are required.
- Ability to prioritize in a fast-paced multi-task environment is required.
- Ability to perform basic business mathematical functions is required.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision is required.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment is required.
- Complying with all operating policies, procedures, executed Plans, and Programs is required.
Must have the demonstrated ability to effectively communicate, cooperate, and collaborate with multiple levels of employees, government agencies, customers, vendors and suppliers.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to sit, see, talk, and hear. The employee may be infrequently required to stand, walk, climb, balance, lift, push/pull, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, and use hands and/or fingers to move objects. The physical strength rating of this position is classified as heavy work which entails exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and color vision. Environmental conditions vary widely in this position ranging from inside, outside, exposure to extremes of temperature, fumes, dust, humidity, and wet conditions. Eye, feet, head, and hearing protection may be required. Operation of power and/or manual hand tools, lifts, trailers, and trucks are required. Understanding of addition/subtraction, technical instructions, simple memos and writing of DVIRs, ELDs, and Expense Reports will be required.