|Date Posted||November 9, 2020|
♥ You already love us ♥
Shearer’s is a privately held producer, co-manufacturer and distributor of quality snack foods sold under the Shearer’s brand, and other private labels. As a matter of fact, Shearers is the number one producer of kettle cooked chips in the world! As the leader in North America, we private label and co-manufacture salty snacks and we are the second largest producer of cookies and crackers. We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. So, while you may not be familiar with our name, you likely eat the products we make on a regular basis. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to realize significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 11 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com .
At Shearer’s, we provide the safest environment possible for our employees by providing proper PPE (Personal Protective Equipment), frequent and thorough sanitation practices, social distancing, daily temperature checks, as well as virtual interviewing options. Safety is our absolute priority.
Co-Manufacturing Supply Chain Manager Located at our Service Center in Massillon, OH
Your seat at the table
The Co-Manufacturing Supply Chain Manager will have a Customer centric role and will be responsible for the results of all Supply Chain related activities for key assigned Co-Manufacturing customers. They will help drive and maintain a strategic relationship with the customer by being the one-point of contact for Supply Chain related activities and will be involved in Joint Business Planning to drive growth. They will work closely with other functions to provide customer centric service that looks to optimize the End-to-End Supply Chain. The Co-Manufacturing Supply Chain Manager will also work very closely with each individual Supply Chain department to manage results through others. This position is responsible for delivering the highest case fill rate at the lowest E2E cost for the specific identified customer base, while balancing the impact to other customers.
This will be accomplished by, but not limited to:
- Represent Supply Chain in Joint Business Planning Meetings with Co-Manufacturing Customers to support Innovation and Growth.
- Understand the E2E Supply Chain with each assigned customer. Develop and implement projects that take waste out of the E2E flow. For any new customers, work to align on the optimal flow up front to minimize waste from the start.
- Partner with the Contract Manufacturing Sales team to support and collaborate with them to drive customer value.
- Working with the customer and other functions to ensure that there is a reliable short-term and long-term demand plan
- Be the Supply Chain point of contact during the stage gate process for the projects related to the specified customers. Help the team overcome any supply chain obstacles during stage gate (ie if there is trouble scheduling trials, getting a clear answer on capacity, etc)
- Work with Production Planning to ensure that the plan covers the need for the customers and run exception reporting in order to proactively change plans as needed or at a minimum communicate the impact to the customer in a timely fashion.
- Work with Capacity Planning Manager to for any requests of additional volume for their customers
- Collaborate with Material Planning and Customer on Raw Material inventory safety stock targets.
- Be the point of escalation for raw material supply issues, and serve as point to resolve
- Define finished goods stock policy that will deliver both the lowest holding cost with the highest service level
- Assist in obsolescence management. Work up front with the customer and other functions to create strategies to minimize risk.
- Be the point of escalation for the customer as well as Shearer’s for any chronic warehousing/transportation issues (ie bad pallets/ late pickups/damaged product/etc)
- Create Joint Scorecards with the Customer to track key performance indicators that will be monitored and actioned upon at the appropriate intervals
- Perform other duties as assigned to meet the needs of company goals
What you bring to the table
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture or related field
- Strong Customer Service skills and focus
- Experience managing results through others
- Detailed knowledge of fulfillment planning, including experience in some or all of the following:
- Factory Supply Chain function
- Scheduling – Finite Scheduling and/or Master Scheduling
- Forecasting/Demand Planning
- Customer Service
- Strong Microsoft Office software skills (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Strong math and analytical skills and attention to detail
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced and integrated operating environment
- Ability to work through problems backwards to find root causes and address issues
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience using MIP, MAPICS, Datamart, JDA preferred
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer’s, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!
Note: Shearer’s does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Shearer’s is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.