|Date Posted||September 3, 2019|
Job Description for Coach Operator
Salary Range: Starting at $18.15, then increasing to $20.17 after 150 day probationary period
Reports To: Road Supervisor
Date: September 3, 2019
This position is accountable for operating a motor coach and transporting Stark Area Regional Transit Authority (SARTA) customers in a safe, courteous, and on-time manner.
- Operates a motor coach, or other vehicles, safely and courteously, transporting customers over the various routes of SARTA’s system.
- Performs work in accordance with operating rules and regulations.
- Speaks coherently and plainly, in order to call out stops and provide customers with any necessary information.
- May serve as a training instructor, training student bus operators in the safe operation of a motor coach over prescribed routes. Training instructors are chosen by their driving ability and overall performance.
- Safely complies with all local traffic regulations.
- Follows all processes with reporting all delays or accidents.
- Must embody SARTA’s Safety First, Customer Focused culture.
- Ability to use tact, discretion, and courtesy with coworkers and customers.
- Superior Customer Service Skills
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This is a customer service role that will spend the majority of their time operating motor vehicles and assisting customer. This role routinely uses on-board equipment such as mobile data terminal, fare box control unit, and radio.
Position Expected Hours of Work
As determined by union contract.
No overnight travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED.
- Must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Maintain a valid Ohio driver’s license with no more than two (2) points within the past five (5) years.
- Successful candidates will be required to acquire a temporary permit for Class B Commercial Driver’s License with passenger and airbrake endorsements prior to orientation.
- Must be able to comply with SARTA’s Nicotine Free work environment.
- Must pass DOT physical examinations, drug and alcohol screenings, physical abilities evaluation, and SARTA’s girth measurement restriction of 17”.
- Must be able to comply with SARTA’s Drug and Alcohol Policy and function in a drug-free and alcohol-free work environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity Non-Discrimination Statement
SARTA is committed to ensuring the values of equity, diversity, and productivity in the workplace. SARTA does not discriminate based on race, sex, national origin, religion, creed, disability, or age nor will it tolerate retaliation as protected by Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. SARTA maintains an Equal Employment Opportunity plan as a guide to maintain a diverse workforce reflective of the community we serve.
- Must submit documentation supporting United States citizenship or an alien lawfully authorized to work in the United States in accordance with SARTA’s obligation under the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986.
- Must pass a criminal background investigation.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Applicants must apply online at SARTAonline.com/jobs
Deadline to apply is 9/16/2019