|Date Posted||April 5, 2021|
Job Description for Full-Time Coach Operator
Rate of Pay: $21.40 after 150 day probationary period ($19.26 to start)
Reports To: Road Supervisor
Date: January 1, 2021
This position is accountable for operating a motor coach and transporting Stark Area Regional Transit Authority (SARTA) customers in a safe, courteous, and on-time manner.
- Operates a motor coach, or other vehicles, safely and courteously, transporting customers over the various routes of SARTA’s system.
- Performs work in accordance with operating rules and regulations.
- Speaks coherently and plainly, in order to call out stops and provide customers with any necessary information.
- May serve as a training instructor, training student bus operators in the safe operation of a motor coach over prescribed routes. Training instructors are chosen by their driving ability and overall performance.
- Safely complies with all local traffic regulations.
- Follows all processes with reporting all delays or accidents.
- Must embody SARTA’s Safety First, Customer Focused culture.
- Ability to use tact, discretion, and courtesy with coworkers and customers.
- Superior Customer Service Skills
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This is a customer service role that will spend the majority of their time operating motor vehicles and assisting customer. This role routinely uses on-board equipment such as mobile data terminal, fare box control unit, and radio.
Position Expected Hours of Work
- As determined by union contract. Must be able to work flexible hours covering all shifts throughout SARTA’s hours of operation.
- No overnight travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED.
- Must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Maintain a valid Ohio driver’s license with no more than two (2) points within the past five (5) years.
- Successful candidates will be required to acquire a temporary permit for Class B Commercial Driver’s License with passenger endorsement prior to the start of the training class.
- Must be able to comply with SARTA’s Nicotine Free work environment.
- Must pass DOT physical examinations, drug and alcohol screenings, physical abilities evaluation, and SARTA’s girth measurement restriction of 17”.
- Must be able to comply with SARTA’s Drug and Alcohol Policy and function in a drug-free and alcohol-free work environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity Non-Discrimination Statement
SARTA is committed to ensuring the values of equity, diversity, and productivity in the workplace. SARTA is an equal employment opportunity employer and strives to maintain a diverse workforce reflective of the community we serve.
- Must submit documentation supporting United States citizenship or an alien lawfully authorized to work in the United States in accordance with SARTA’s obligation under the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986.
- Must pass a criminal background investigation.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, schedules, and activities may change at any time with notice or with no notice.
Applications for this role are only accepted through SARTAonline.com/jobs