|Date Posted||May 10, 2019|
Job ID: 1152320
What are you working forward to?
At Synchrony we make sure our employees are always working forward to something exciting. On our Call Center team, this means ensuring our customers’ success—and we’ll do the same for you: through generous benefits, continuous learning and clear career progression.
What you’ll do as a Collections Representative?
You’ll handle out-bound and in-bound calls, set up payment arrangements, counsel our cardholders on their financial situations and use your customer service, communication and influencing skills to figure out why a payment is late and how to fix the situation. You’ll also tackle the important work of getting past-due accounts up to date, and most importantly, you’ll improve service by using your customer service skills.
What you’ll need to succeed
You’ll be an effective listener, with great communication skills and strong customer service skills. You’ll be the kind of person who can engage and solve problems, as well as proving your analytical skills on a daily basis. On top of this, you’ll need proficient computer skills, and be comfortable utilizing PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook programs.
What you’ll need to be considered for this role
*YOU MUST BE ABLE TO SATISFY THE REQUIREMENTS OF SECTION 19 OF THE FEDERAL DEPOSIT INSURANCE ACT – for more information, click here.
- 6+ months customer service experience of any kind and/or military equivalent experience.
- Confidence using a computer
- Be 18-years-old or older
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the selection process
- Effective 1-1-18, new hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a “consistently meets expectations” performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance requirement).
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. (this is required). We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
Synchrony is an Equal Opportunity Employer for all, including minorities, women, protected veterans and disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.
To work forward to something exciting, apply at our website: https://synchronycareers.com/gbjf_job_post/collections-representative-part-time-call-center/
Applications submitted through the "Apply Online" button will not be accepted.