|Date Posted||February 7, 2020|
You already us
Shearers is a privately held producer, co-manufacturer and distributor of quality snack foods sold under the Shearers brand, and other private labels. As a matter of fact, Shearers is the number one producer of kettle cooked chips in the world! As the leader in North America, we private label and co-manufacture salty snacks and we are the second largest producer of cookies and crackers. We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. So, while you may not be familiar with our name, you likely eat the products we make on a regular basis. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to realize significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 11 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com .
The Commercialization Manager is responsible for leading commercialization initiatives and managing priorities while executing the functional responsibilities associated with new product development and product assortment management across a defined sales channel and customer account portfolio. This role is also responsible for contributing functional capability support to Shearers joint business planning platform to identify and drive new growth opportunities across product categories and segments.
Your seat at the table
- Manage and execute the steps and stages of Shearers customers product life-cycles.
- Manage product commercialization through detailed project management, working closely with the Innovation and Product Development Team.
- Manage priorities against planned objectives in an effort to realize annual Budget objectives and support the application of Shearers Commercial strategy.
- Develop and manage a process to ensure 100% accurate part set ups and that all specifications and product requirements are met.
- Provide leadership for Shearers commitment to joint business planning (JBP) and partner with category management and customer marketing department to execute Shearers Category Leadership Platform.
- Partner with sales and customer marketing teams to create selling decks and prepare for key account calls specifically to support innovation and product life cycle recommendations.
- Support Plant Trials, as required: facilitate and lead Pre-Trial discussions with key stakeholders communicating project scope, process, and ensure Customer expectations are clearly defined and system documentation requirements are in place
- Facilitate Post-Trial discussions with key stakeholders to review results, determine next steps, and capture lessons learned.
- Work with Business Managers and Category Management to develop new business opportunities and assortment recommendations to help achieve customer goals and realize internal revenue and EBITDA objectives.
- Manage active product changes. Coordinate product end of life obsolescence including developing raw material liquidation plans.
- Facilitate communications between customers and Shearers internal support teams.
- Daily engagement with a cross-functional team primarily consisting of: Business Managers, Operations, Innovation and Product Development, Quality Assurance, Procurement, Finance, Plant and Customer Service.
- Support the development of technical packaging solutions including film, cases, cartons, and retail-ready displays. Work with Shearers Technical Services team to plan, roll out, and execute.
- Attend select customer meetings with Business Manager to professionally present ideas and project updates.
- Learn and develop strong working knowledge of all production lines and the processes necessary to commercialize products across the Cookie + Cracker manufacturing facilities.
- Provide commercialization support to sales team by developing and executing project trackers and managing actions and deliverables on time and on target.
- Work with external suppliers and customers to source resources, solve challenges and contribute to Shearers commitment to continuous improvement.
- Partner with Leadership to identify and execute ways to realize Shearers objectives to standardize and rationalize SKUs, production, and work flow processes.
What you bring to the table
- Bachelors Degree in a related field or equivalent in experience.
- 5 years of experience in consumer goods branded marketing and/or innovation platforms with food industry a plus
- Ability to manage both internal and external customers and to adapt and manage through change.
- Strong leadership and communication skills required.
- Strong project management skills and ability to juggle multiple projects and shifting priorities in an organized manner.
- Strong financial skills are essential to managing product cost understanding and P & L management expectations
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearers, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!