|Location||North Canton, OH|
|Date Posted||August 6, 2019|
Position Summary – The Commodity Buyer coordinates the procurement and distribution of materials, parts, equipment, and supplies for the organization
Job Duties and Responsibilities (including direct & indirect reports)
- Demonstrate financial acumen, managing cash daily
- Works with vendors by mail, phone, or visit to verify shipment of goods on specified date.
- Contacts vendors to requisition materials.
- Coordinates all activities related to procurement of components beginning with intent to purchase through delivery.
- Assures that the components are delivered on schedule, at the negotiated price, and meet the quality standards of the company.
- Analyzes the requirements of the material components, including preliminary specifications, preferred supplier, and date components are needed.
- Solicits and evaluates proposals for product components.
- Investigates and/or interviews potential suppliers to determine if they meet the specified requirements.
- Negotiates the lowest possible cost for the components balanced against the optimum quality and schedule needs.
- Executes purchase contracts that comply with company and government regulations.
- Maintains timely control of orders, amendments, shipping notices, and other documents to assure accurate retention of records.
- Coordinates appropriate methods needed to distribute components in a cost-effective manner.
- Approximately 10% travel required, both domestic and international
- Employee must comply with the Company’s environmental policy and procedures and with any and all requirements of the environmental management system.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Specific Knowledge and Skills
- Working experience with vendor management software, Oracle preferred
- Language Ability: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Math Ability: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Advanced contract negotiation skills.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Advanced organizational skills.
- Intermediate knowledge of inventory and manufacturing systems.
- Procurement experience – at least 5 years
- Work experience in an IATF 16949 environment.
- Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word processing software; Microsoft Excel spreadsheet software; M2M accounting software; M2M inventory software; Internet software; M2M order processing systems; M2M manufacturing software and M2M contact management systems.
- BS degree in supply chain management, logistics or business administration
- At least 5 years of related experience; manufacturing sector preferred but not required
Personal Qualities/Attributes Required
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong negotiation skills
- Financial acumen
- “Street smart” not just book smart
- Ability to multi-task and work in a challenging fast paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of procedural controls and data validation techniques required
- Strong work ethic with a positive, can-do attitude
Work Environment: An office setting
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job in an office setting. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job; the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear.
- Frequently required to stand and walk.
- Use a computer
- Must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus.
INTERESTED CANDIDATES SHOULD CONTACT:
Carla Dyer at email@example.com