|Date Posted||July 16, 2021|
Deflecto is an industry leader in office, safety, air distribution and personal protective equipment innovation. We are seeking a Commodity Manager to join our team. This position will be located at our Headquarters in Dover, Ohio.
Reports to the Global Purchasing Manager and is responsible to assigned commodities. Manages suppliers to monitor quality, delivery, and cost to meet company needs. Works with outsourced suppliers to maintain schedules which meet customer demand.
Essential Job Functions:
- Commodity management comprising; cost drivers, trends, and demands.
- Purchase materials to meet production schedules and customer demand.
- Utilize of total cost of procurement concepts.
- Control proper inventory levels to meet demand while controlling cost.
- Effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Manage supplier relationships to ensure quality, delivery, and cost.
- Multi-tasking abilities to effectively manage time in a fast paced environment.
- Support multiple locations and internal customers with a sense of urgency.
- Follow-up and expedite orders as necessary to meet changes in schedules.
- Support cross-functional supply chain activities.
- Experience identifying, evaluating, and developing suppliers.
- Adapt to change in support of organizational objectives.
- 8-15 years of purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Proven record of initiating and implementing meaningful cost savings.
- Sourcing from domestic and international suppliers in excess of $3mm - $5mm annually.
- ERP experience focusing on effective MRP planning (MAPICS XA is a plus).
- Packaging and MRO spend experience preferred.
- Continuous improvement/growth mindset and ability to solve problems.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain, or Technical Degree
- APICS, CPM, and/or CPIM desired.