|Location||North Canton, Ohio|
|Date Posted||May 21, 2020|
Lead the Association’s overall internal and external communication efforts using a diverse set of message distribution channels, tools, resources, and spokespersons. Develops, organizes, and directs communications, media relations, branding, and marketing to maximize the Association’s membership success and membership experience. Raise awareness and continually establish the public image of the local Association, including its local, state, and national presence profile and reputation.
Reports directly to the CEO.
Works with all staff, Board of Directors, and committees within the organization.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
As a small-based local Association within the scope of the National Association staff is expected to work in a fluid and flexible environment. Achieving the Association’s value statement and strategic plan is the responsibility of every staff and committee member. To this point, staff must possess the ability to manage multiple tasks within several areas of the organization. In addition, all staff interface daily with members and Affiliates. It is critical that staff demonstrate a professional appearance, exemplary interpersonal skills, and the highest ethical standards.
- Website Administrator – constantly update and create content for the Association’s website.
- Social Media Marketing – build the Association profile on social media and utilize all aspects of such media to educate the membership on member benefits on the local, state, and national levels as well as in our jurisdiction of Stark and Carroll counties.
- Newsletter Editor – create all marketing pieces and work with staff and leadership in content for the monthly newsletter, including serving as the Association’s “chief reporter” at Association functions for all publications as well as the bi-weekly email briefs, and weekly presidential articles in the local newspapers; and serves as contact person for all media news releases issued.
- Committee Staff Liaison – work directly as the staff liaison for the Community Outreach and Young Professional’s Network committees taking meeting minutes and coordinating events within those committees.
- All other duties as assigned.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- BA/BS in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing or related field
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (excellent critical and creative writing skills)
- Knowledge in Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), Google, Microsoft Office, and WordPress
- Application must be detail-oriented, resourceful and a problem solver
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple assignments/responsibilities
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and as part of an ever-changing group of volunteers
- Position is primarily a normal office setting
- After-hours event attendance will occasionally be required
- Possess a valid driver’s license and insured motor vehicle.
Apply Online. No calls please at this time.