|Date Posted||November 18, 2021|
♥ You already love us ♥
Shearer’s is a privately held producer, leading co-manufacturer and distributor of quality snack foods sold under the Shearer’s brand, and other private labels. Ranking number one in private brand and contract manufactured salty snacks, as well as the number two supplier of private brand cookies and crackers in North America, you love our products, although you may not be familiar with our name! We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to embrace significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 12 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com .
Your seat at the table
Shearer’s is looking for a communications professional to work alongside our Executive team. This role will help develop a successful internal and external (owning content and container) communications plan to promote Shearer’s values, culture and brand awareness. Reporting directly to the CHRO, the successful candidate will have deep experience in executive communications and media relations and will be someone who can work across teams and with various executives to make clear how Shearer’s supports customers, employees and communities. This individual will have the demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic organization, and have a track record of generating results. The successful candidate will have experience working with and providing counsel to senior executives and have the confidence and know-how to guide their communications activities. The role will require strong project management capabilities.
What you bring to the table
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience, communications focus preferred.
• 5+ years of experience in communications or marketing fields.
• 2+ years experience working with the media and/or agencies that pitch media.
• Experience developing communication plans that include the employee audience and media relations.
• Strong written/verbal communication skills; ability to create in a wide variety of presentation and communication formats.
• Experience using data to make business decisions, and a strong results orientation.
• Experience project managing projects, working across disciplines and teams.
• Experience managing a budget.
• Easily build positive working relationships with colleagues and stakeholders.
• Experience and credibility as a communicator in a fast-paced environment where the ability to influence, work across a complex matrix of roles and disciplines, and build relationships inside and outside of the company are strong plusses.
• Demonstrated ability and experience in successfully managing media relations on challenging and complex issues.
• Expert skills in SharePoint, PowerPoint and other communication technologies.
• Self-starter; ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment.
• Support strategic planning, project management and agency oversight for various executive communications initiatives
• Develop media messaging to ensure executives can effectively tell the Advance story externally
• Develop internal communications on behalf of executives, spanning a variety of topics
• Coordinate executive speaking opportunities, including development of talking points and presentation materials, as needed
• Support crisis and issues communications, as needed
• Stay informed of key issues and trends impacting the company and industry
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer’s, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To all recruitment agencies: Shearer’s Snacks does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, employees or any other company location. Shearer’s is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.