|Date Posted||September 14, 2019|
You already us
Shearers is a privately held producer, co-manufacturer and distributor of quality snack foods sold under the Shearers brand, and other private labels. As a matter of fact, Shearers is the number one producer of kettle cooked chips in the world! As the leader in North America, we private label and co-manufacture salty snacks and we are the second largest producer of cookies and crackers. We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. So, while you may not be familiar with our name, you likely eat the products we make on a regular basis. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to realize significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 11 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com .
The Communication Manager is responsible for conveying an organizations internal and external messages to keep stakeholders and employees informed of company developments. The Communication Manager creates strategies to increase employee awareness and promote productivity with written materials, prepare presentations and communications. This Leader announces new products and discusses organizational changes in a way that attempts to maintain a positive image of the company. The Communication Manager brings excellent speaking and writing skills and must be a champion of maximizing relationships.
Your seat at the table
- Establish an internal communications strategy in conjunction with senior managers and ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Ensure organizational initiatives and projects are successfully communicated to employees and stakeholders
- Plan, edit and write content for a variety of internal communications mediums, such as a staff intranet, monthly magazine or regular email bulletin. You may also be required to work on the layout of content.
- Use social media to communicate with staff internally (Website, SnackPoint & Marlin Boards)
- Storyboard or translate ideas to the creative team of marketing
- Manage an internal communication incentive, oversee the execution of company-wide communications and champion change
- Deliver presentations at organizational events and event planning
- Manage, communicate and administer donation requests for Shearers Charity Foundation
- Draft messages or scripts from senior executives for presentation to employees in written or spoken form
- Ensure internal & external communications messages are consistent across all mediums and for different departments of the organization
- Keep leadership abreast of progress and answer their questions
- Respond to feedback from staff and adjust communications content accordingly
- Handle the internal communication response to crisis situations which affect organizational perception and reputation
- Advise senior executives of developments throughout the organization, either face to face or through regular written communication
What you bring to the table
- Bachelors degree in communication or another related field.
- Writing skills:You need excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills as well as the journalistic ability to source stories from employees
- Presentation skills: Speaking skills are an absolute as you are likely to be called on to give presentations to staff. Internal communications managers need sensitivity to an organizations goals and values and the ability to relay them to employees
- Maximize Relationships: Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills in order to work with communications and HR departments. You also need to possess the confidence to deal with senior executives and explain communication techniques to them. Strategic, Critical thinker.
- Innovate:You need the creative ability to devise communication strategies. Digital skills: Familiarity with information technology, especially digital and video means of communication, is essential. Understanding the sector, you wish to work in (private, public or voluntary) can be crucial.
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearers, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!