|Date Posted||March 12, 2020|
Consumer Loan Officer
Are you looking to advance your career with a successful and stable organization? Are you interested in impacting the lives of others? STJ Federal Credit Union is looking for a professional, driven individual to serve as a Consumer Loan Officer. As a Consumer Loan Officer, you create relationships and learn about our members’ lives and financial history. You have the unique ability to look beyond a credit score, placing value on individual circumstances, and help our members achieve their financial dreams.
At STJ, we aim to exceed the expectations of the members we serve and the people we work with. We strive to maintain a friendly environment where everyone wants to work.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Consumer Loan Officer position is a financial sales position. In this role, you will provide information on financial products and services to current and prospective members. You are responsible for completing the full loan application process, including the preparation of documents, analysis of data and credit history, as well as collecting and reviewing required documentation for consumer loan products. You will promote credit union products to members and impact decisions to approve or deny loan applications. Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Provide exceptional service to our members from the loan application to approval process.
- Make calls to members to increase clientele and loan applications as well as place follow-up calls to members.
- Get to know our members’ financial situations in order to suggest the best product or service that will meet their needs. Determine collateral needs and payment plans for members applying for routine loans.
- Recommend and outline terms of loan. Inform and educate prospective borrowers of loan commitments.
- Perform financial transactions for members such as withdrawals, cashing checks, posting payments, etc. to assist front line staff when needed.
The ideal candidate is one committed to providing exceptional service. It’s more than “crunching numbers”. We take the time to understand our members and fully understand their story to find creative solutions to help them achieve their financial dreams. Required Qualifications Include:
- Ability to build rapport, credibility and trust.
- Competitive drive with determination to succeed and achieve goals.
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn in an ever changing environment.
- Experience working in a face to face customer service/sales environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary to represent the Credit Union professionally and positively to members and to interact daily with staff and management.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and maintain confidentiality in dealing with the membership and staff.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, (i.e.: Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Solid time management skills and the ability to organize, prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- Loan underwriting and/or teller experience
- Previous credit financial institution experience
- Basic knowledge of consumer lending laws and the procedures required to maintain compliance with those laws.
All candidates must successfully pass a criminal background check.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, Simple IRA plan with employer match, paid PTO.
No phone calls please.
STJ Federal Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer.