Continuous Improvement Lead
|Date Posted||May 27, 2019|
You already us
Shearers is a privately held producer, co-manufacturer and distributor of quality snack foods sold under the Shearers brand, and other private labels. As a matter of fact, Shearers is the number one producer of kettle cooked chips in the world! As the leader in North America, we private label and co-manufacture salty snacks and we are the second largest producer of cookies and crackers. We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. So, while you may not be familiar with our name, you likely eat the products we make on a regular basis. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to realize significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 11 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com .
Continuous Improvement Lead
The Continuous Improvement (CI) Lead is a member of the corporate CI team. They support the CI structure for two to three sites in building and sustaining the plants TPM/High Performing Work culture. The CI Lead reports directly to the CI Director and receives guidance from corporate Center of Excellence and VP of Operations.
Ensures quality of execution as per Best In Class/World Class (BIC/WC) standards and sustainability of results through defining, training and implementing solid processes (as defined by Shearers). Ensures a disciplined system is in place for identifying, removing and preventing losses connected to Productivity Targets for their sites.
The Continuous Improvement Lead is a power user of improvement tools focused on optimizing manufacturing performance (Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery, Morale). The CI Lead support the CI Managers in transferring skills and building capability in their conversion teams, ensuring improvements are sustained, consistent with TPM principles and work processes.
Your seat at the table
- The support of CI site master plan; CI work processes at site-wide level (such as Kaizen, productivity cycle, RCA, etc.).
- Implement Health Checks to ensure the work processes consistently and effectively, deliver business results.
- Support Zero Loss management of the whole site: leverage loss removal through annual loss analysis; establish loss capture and tracking system in order to achieve productivity targets.
- Performance metrics, TEEP and OEE loss structure. Analysis and reduction of planned and unplanned losses.
- Problem solving capability building in sites such as Root Cause Analysis, Kaizen, SMED and Six Sigma skills; develop methodology, perform training, coaching and assessment, in collaboration with HR, Training and other functions.
- Replication of Manufacturing Excellence to other lines in the sites (centerlining; SOPs for ordering, receiving, processing, seasoning, packaging; leader standard work).
- Optimization of Kaizen System to engage people in problem solving activities. As a Lean Six Sigma Belt, conduct/coach Kaizen activities to remove complex losses in fields of personnel, facilities, equipment and materials to deliver productivities targets.
- Support other function to achieve their loss goals.
- Support internal and external benchmarking and replication activities.
What you bring to the table
- Bachelors degree - Focus on Industrial Engineering highly preferred.
- Recent College grads, feel free to apply!
- Minimum 2 years experience in a manufacturing leadership role
- Minimum 2 years experience with improvement methods and tools (TPM, DMAIC, L6S, RCA, 5W, Kaizen, SMED, VSM)
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearers, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!
Apply for this job at Shearer's Snacks