|December 6, 2023
You already ♥LOVE♥ us
Shearer’s is a privately held producer, leading co-manufacturer and distributor of quality snack foods sold under the Shearer’s brand, and other private labels. Ranking number one in private brand and contract manufactured salty snacks, as well as the number two supplier of private brand cookies and crackers in North America, you love our products, although you may not be familiar with our name! We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to embrace significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 12 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com .
*1 open position**
8-hour Afternoon Schedule 4p to 12(midnight) primarily with changes/OT/weekends as needed.
Pay Rate: $32.13/hr. + $1 Shift Premium
Your seat at the table
The Corn Hauler is responsible for transporting corn from rail to plant. This includes the physical transfer of material from rail cars and into storage at the plant. Other tasks include but are not limited to the unloading of outside carriers, assisting primary shuttle drivers as necessary, systematic and physical organization of plant drop lots and occasional OTR day trips. Flexibility is a must in this skilled position as the ability of the plant to produce depends completely on our ability to have the necessary raw materials. You will, on occasion, be subjected to off-hour calls to satisfy the needs of the facility.
What you bring to the table
- Attendance – This is a skilled position that requires the Team Member to be reliable on a constant basis. To be eligible for this role, Team Members must have 3 attendance points or less.
- Licenses/Certifications – Must have a valid Class A CDL as well as a clean/satisfactory driving record.
- Language Skills – Must be able to read, understand and effectively communicate to Team Members in their immediate area.
- Mathematical Skills – Must be able to do simple math, conversions (mm – in., g-oz), and use formulas to compute run rates.
- Leadership – The Corn Hauler will need to be honest, dependable, punctual, and trustworthy and follow all policies/procedures set forth by Shearers Foods LLC. The Corn Hauler must have the ability to work well with others.
- Reasoning Ability – Ability to apply common sense understanding and carry out written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems in common operating situations.
- Time Management – Must be able to follow standard work instructions.
- Flexibility- Must be available for pre-shift meetings when applicable and able to work weekends, holidays and overtime when needed. This skilled position is particularly dependent on the flexibility of the individual.
- Physical Demands - The team member is frequently required to stand and reach and climb with hands and arms. The team member must regularly lift and /or move up to 50+ pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus. Team Members must be able to be on their feet for twelve (12+) hours, to keep up with a fast, repetitious pace and to do repetitious lifting.
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer’s, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!