|Date Posted||September 9, 2021|
♥ You already love us ♥
Shearer’s is a privately held producer, leading co-manufacturer and distributor of quality snack foods sold under the Shearer’s brand, and other private labels. Ranking number one in private brand and contract manufactured salty snacks, as well as the number two supplier of private brand cookies and crackers in North America, you love our products, although you may not be familiar with our name! We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to embrace significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 12 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com .
At Shearer’s, we provide the safest environment possible for our employees by providing proper PPE (Personal Protective Equipment), frequent and thorough sanitation practices, social distancing, daily temperature checks, as well as virtual interviewing options. Safety is our absolute priority.
Corporate Accountant located in Massillon, OH
Shearer’s Foods is currently seeking an energetic, articulate, self-motivated individual with a “can do” attitude to join the fast-paced Corporate Accounting & Treasury team.
Your seat at the table
- Perform and/or support various accounting duties such as month-end close, accruals, journal entries, account reconciliations, data analysis, financial reporting, inventory processes, fixed asset accounting, and other tasks as assigned.
- Support external financial and lender compliance audits by gathering data, preparing work papers and schedules, and participating in on-site inventory observations.
- Assist with monthly free cash flow projections, quarterly financial forecasts, and annual budget processes.
- Convey a strong sense of urgency to complete assigned duties timely and accurately.
- Remain positive and productive as circumstances, assignments or priorities change while also juggling multiple demands.
- Communicate appropriate information clearly and effectively to other team members, departments, and external parties.
- Demonstrate the ability to actively listen, learn and take ownership of tasks assigned and complete non-standard requests or projects with minimal supervision.
- Function efficiently in a team environment, working independently as well as alongside others to accomplish tasks.
- Apply learnings from past experiences, coaching, and feedback to grow and develop.
What you bring to the table
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is required.
- Experience in the Accounting profession of 1-2 years is preferred.
- CPA or pursuit of certification is a plus.
- Basic to Intermediate Excel skills are required.
- Strong organization skills, attention to detail and accuracy is required.
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer’s, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!
Note: Shearer’s does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Shearer’s is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.