|Date Posted||January 7, 2022|
♥ You already love us ♥
Shearer’s is a privately held producer, leading co-manufacturer and distributor of quality snack foods sold under the Shearer’s brand, and other private labels. Ranking number one in private brand and contract manufactured salty snacks, as well as the number two supplier of private brand cookies and crackers in North America, you love our products, although you may not be familiar with our name! We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to embrace significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 12 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com .
Your seat at the table
Shearer’s Foods is currently seeking an energetic, articulate, self-motivated individual with a “can do” attitude to join the fast-paced Corporate Accounting & Treasury team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with daily management of treasury forecast model to provide senior management with accurate and timely cash reporting.
- Prepare assigned monthly bank reconciliations.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly sales and use tax returns.
- Assist with annual personal property tax returns and other tax duties as assigned.
- Complete assigned government surveys.
- Assist with maintaining master customer incentive trackers, including working with the commercial team to obtain programs data, entering programs, calculating and analyzing accruals, and approving deductions.
- Perform inventory processes where responsibilities will include reconciliations to ledgers, research and completion of inventory credits and accounting for inventory.
- Collaborate with purchasing and commercial teams, as needed, to complete inventory valuation reserve analysis.
- Assist with monthly financial forecast processes.
- Perform corporate consolidated financial close functions where responsibilities will include account reconciliations, preparation of journal entries, and other tasks to support the team.
- Annual and quarterly audit support to include preparation of closing entries and providing work papers and supporting schedules for the external auditors.
- Collaborate with a fast-paced Corporate Accounting team where independent thought and work-product is required.
- Perform work on multiple projects, prioritize work, meet expectations and deadlines, and concentrate on detailed information.
- Coordinate special projects, anticipate issues and take initiative to resolve them.
- Participate in continuous improvement processes as assigned.
What you bring to the table
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business.
- Minimum of two years general accounting or finance experience.
- Flexible work schedule to meet deadlines as needed.
- Strong analytical skills with a detail-oriented and task-focused outlook.
- Excel intermediate skills required.
- Ability to lead and collaborate in a team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate and interact effectively with all levels of management.
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer’s, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!
To all recruitment agencies: Shearer’s Snacks does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, employees or any other company location. Shearer’s is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.