|Date Posted||March 29, 2021|
KRUGLIAK, WILKINS, GRIFFITHS & DOUGHERTY CO., L.P.A.,
is seeking an experienced, full time
CREDITORS’ RIGHTS PARALEGAL
for our office in Canton, Ohio.
- Assisting Attorneys in representation of clients in Creditors’ Rights matters, including, bankruptcy, foreclosure, and various collection maters;
- Draft Notices and Motions for Bankruptcy Court under the supervision of the attorneys
- Prepare initial pleadings in foreclosures and procedures for foreclosures in various counties, including title work, lien positions, approval of legal descriptions, working with Sheriff’s offices for Sheriff Sales and issuance of Sheriff’s deeds;
- Work with title companies to obtain Preliminary and Final Judicial Reports for foreclosures and lien searches to determine lien priority for foreclosures and collection matters;
- Collating information and exhibits for and preparing motions, applications, notices, memoranda;
- Communicate with client to gather information and prepare proofs of claim;
- Sign up for bankruptcy docket reports with bankruptcy claims agents and review dockets for pertinent deadlines and general review docket re case status;
- Assist in post judgment collections including writs and garnishments;
- Calculate payoffs on judgments;
- Communications with title companies re judgment lien payoffs;
- Assist in preparation and drafting and filing of Cognovit pleadings;
- Assist in analyzing due diligence materials regarding all aspects of a company's business operations.
- Remaining familiar with local rules of federal and state courts;
- Coordinating with other professionals and clients to obtain and analyze due diligence materials in preparation of exhibits and documents to be included as part of the filing material.
- Corresponding with clients, other interested parties regarding case issues;
- Assisting in appointment of firm as Special Counsel in bankruptcy cases and preparation of fee applications when appointed Special Counsel;
- Review and edit documents and exhibits, charts and diagrams;
- Transactional work including assisting attorney with authorizing resolutions; UCC searches; UCC Financing Statements; UCC Amendments, coordinating signatures with client and borrower, assembling final documents;
- Review of transactional documents and create transcript and initial searches as necessary;
- Assistance in preparing simple notes and related agreements at direction of attorney;
- Prepare amortization schedules for notes;
- Coordinate with recorders offices regarding recording deeds and mechanic liens;
- Assist attorney with filing and tracking of Board of Revision appeals with Ohio Board of Tax appeals.
- Knowledge of PACER including e-filing and searching cases and same for State Courts;
- Registering attorneys in federal and state court and maintaining list;
- Maintain case calendars, calendar deadlines and working group lists;
- Calendar hearing and deadlines for attorneys;
- Assist with Judgment Lien and UCC Renewals;
- Review and update Personal Injury Statute Date Chart;
- Maintain logins / password chart for attorney court registrations;
- Review of client billing and adding billing codes;
- Assist in registering attorneys in federal courts;
- Assist attorney in reviewing client billings;
- Assist with various litigation matters as needed at the direction of attorneys;
- Review of real estate records and obtain deeds, mortgages and mechanic liens;
- Prepare mortgage, assignment, mechanic lien releases at direction of working attorney.
- 3-5 years minimum experience in the Creditors Rights area
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrated proficiency with Westlaw eDiscovery Point
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Excellent analytical and organizational abilities, creativity and initiative.
- Capable of problem-solving and detail-oriented
- Ability to interact effectively with staff, attorneys, clients, courts and other professionals required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Current Notary Public
- A Paralegal Certificate is required.
- A four-year degree is preferred, but an equivalent amount of previous experience in the role is acceptable.
Send letter of interest, resume and salary requirements to:
Subject Line: Creditors Rights Paralegal