Custodian I – Part Time
|Date Posted||July 10, 2019|
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs cleaning duties in assigned areas (including surgery) as instructed, according to cleaning schedule for that area (e.g., daily, weekly, monthly, etc.) in a manner that does not interfere with patient care or privacy.
- Sweeps, Vacuums, dry mops, wet mops, and disinfects as required in each area daily. Strips and waxes floors, and runs high-speed floor buffer as needed.
- Dusts, damp wipes, spot cleans, washes, disinfects, polishes all surfaces and equipment as required according to cleaning schedule. Cleans light fixtures ad straightens and rearranges furniture as directed.
- Removes all waste, trash and disposes of it properly. Removes all soiled linens when necessary and puts in designated are for pick-up.
- Carries out terminal cleaning procedures when patient is discharged. Prepares room for new occupant. Changes cubicle curtains as needed.
- Completes mandatory education and training in order to maintain organization and department specific requirements and competencies.
- Follows system and department policies and procedures with special attention to attendance and punctuality, confidentially, dress code and display of ID badge, and safety.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Graduate or Equivalent.
- A minimum of 6 months custodial experience in a Hospital setting preferred.
- Basic knowledge of cleaning procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well with people projecting a positive image for Hospital.
- Excellent communication, organizational and detail skills.
- Lifting, not more than 50 lbs.
- Bending, twisting, pushing, stretching, walking 90% of shift and occasional ladder usage.
- Ambitious, motivated, able to work independently and to follow written and verbal directions.
The above statement reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job. Please apply on-line.