Customer Logistics Representative
|Date Posted||July 11, 2019|
Must apply at: https://careers.fedex.com/customcritical/jobs/25894-369890?lang=en-US
The Customer Logistics Representative will be assigned tasks by the Operations Supervisor and/or Operations Lead to support successful execution of account(s) plans/SOW. The CLR will execute the daily operations, order file execution, carrier execution, recommends and implements internal productivity gains by utilizing QDM methodologies and contributes to team unity. The CLR will need the ability to anticipate changes in priorities and will create plans to meet those challenges.
The CLR will proactively seek out solutions to possible problem areas in the means of internal productivity as well as external vendor and/or customer metrics.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for complex and exception-based freight tendering to include rate negotiation with carriers and securing capacity for specialty moves (white-glove, refrigerated, flatbed, expedites etc.).
2. Communicates directly and frequently with internal departments, customers, carriers and vendors through oral or written methods.
3. Manage service performance at a load level to include root cause analysis for pickup and/or delivery failures.
4. Gather information and research from carriers, consignees and shippers and document load exception information in the TMS portal.
5. Manage exception loads to completion.
6. Responsible to identify process improvements and cost savings opportunities utilizing QDM.
7. Handles escalations from CLC regarding mismatched data/exceptions following customer SOP's.
8. Responsible to manage internal and external KPI’s as assigned (i.e. tender acceptance, number of missed pickup and deliveries etc.).
9. Responsible for clear work instruction creation and maintenance and SOP compliance.
10. Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies and procedures
11. Perform other duties as required.
A high school diploma is required
An Associate’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Operations Management, or General Management is preferred
Experience will be considered depending on the candidates education level
At least 2 years of experience in the contract logistics, transportation or other related industry is required. Education listed above may substitute for some experience.