Customer Service Rep
|Date Posted||April 2, 2019|
Responsible for general office tasks and customer relations at our corporate offices.
Primary Responsibilities / Duties:
- Enter customer orders, verify price and confirm orders.
- Compile information from a variety of sources to prepare standard reports and/or exhibits.
- Compose and send simple correspondence at the direction of management and other staff members.
- Assist with updating and maintaining pricing system in Navision.
- Send out price lists to Customers/Brokers monthly.
- Process, document and distribute sample requests.
- Assist with processing of Accounts Payable as needed.
- Assist and communicate with Inside and Outside Sales Representatives.
- Communicate with Outside Warehouses and Transportation companies to schedule and confirm shipments.
- Create Load Sheets for Outside Warehouses and Transportation companies on a daily basis.
- Assistant Transportation department with weekly shipment information.
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and Internet usage as well as internal computer programs.
- Maintain business relationships with brokers, customers and suppliers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school, vocational or technical school business studies.
- Three years secretarial/administrative assistant experience preferred.
- Ability to operate general business equipment i.e. fax machine, copier, personal computer and business software applications including but not limited to Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word and e-mail. Ability to learn new software applications.
- Attentive to detail. Ability to prioritize work within company requirements.
- Verbal and written communications skills to correspond and interact with management,customers, brokers and suppliers.
- Ability to proofread own work and that of others for format, consistency and accuracy.
- Intermediate mathematical skills.
- Superior interpersonal skills and strong customer service orientation.
- Strong discretion with confidential information.
- Eligible to work in the United States, must have proper ID.
- Must have a clean criminal background and be able to pass a pre-employment drug screening.
- Life Insurance
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- 401K/Matching Program