|Date Posted||July 21, 2021|
Job Description for Customer Service Representative
Salary Range: $30,000 - $40,000
Reports To: Customer Relations Supervisor
Date: July 9, 2021
Representative performs a variety of clerical functions and work activities involving direct public contact either through mail, email, on the telephone, online or in person. Provides information on the full range of countywide transit services; addresses customer concerns and commendations; sells monthly transit passes and tickets; balances cash; prepares bank deposits; and records revenue.
- Provide superior customer service throughout all interactions: in person, over the phone, through email, online and in writing.
- Receive, record and track monetary transactions.
- Assist customers with trip planning, providing information relating to both fixed and paratransit routes and schedules.
- Schedule paratransit service trips.
- Maintain up-to-date transit system information including changes to schedules, routes, rider alerts and other pertinent rider information.
- Daily and prepare bank deposit.
- Receive and document service information such as phone calls, sales, online inquiries and other information as required.
- Organize and maintain files and records according to established SARTA procedures.
- Collect revenue from sales.
- Fill schedule racks at transit centers.
- Stock and keep track of the schedule inventory.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of the field of assignment sufficient to perform thoroughly and accurately the full scope of responsibility as illustrated by example in the above job description.
- Knowledge of English composition and ability to understand verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in writing, in person and on the telephone.
- Ability to read, understand and explain system maps, schedules and timetables.
- Ability to work harmoniously with coworkers and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to maintain good public relations skills. Must be pleasant and courteous to the public at all times and exhibit a positive attitude.
- Mathematical ability to make change, sell passes, work with numbers, maintain an accurate cash control and prepare bank deposits.
This position oversees no direct reports.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Position Expected Hours of Work
- As scheduled, typically scheduled five 8 hours shifts between 7am-8pm, Monday-Saturday.
- Off Sundays.
- Little to no overnight travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- Maintain a valid driver’s license from state of residence with a good driving record.
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED.
Equal Employment Opportunity Non-Discrimination Statement
SARTA is committed to ensuring the values of equity, diversity, and productivity in the workplace. SARTA does not discriminate based on race, sex, national origin, religion, creed, disability, or age nor will it tolerate retaliation as protected by Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. SARTA maintains an Equal Employment Opportunity plan as a guide to maintain a diverse workforce reflective of the community we serve.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol test.
- Must be able to comply with SARTA’s Nicotine-free work environment.
- Must pass an employment physical examination to be certified for the position and maintain a physical condition which, either with or without accommodation, allows completion of all essential duties.
- Must be able to comply with SARTA’s Drug and Alcohol Policy and function in a drug-free and alcohol-free work environment.
- Must submit documentation supporting United States citizenship or an alien lawfully authorized to work in the United States in accordance with SARTA’s obligation under the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986.
- Must pass a criminal background investigation.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Applications only accepted trough:
Deadline to apply: 8/2/2021