|May 2, 2019
Salary Range: $30,000 - $35,000
Reports To: Customer Service and Paratransit Assistant Supervisor
Date: May 1, 2019
Perform a variety of functions and work activities involving direct public contact either through mail, email, on the telephone, or in person. Provides information on the full range of countywide transit services; address customer concerns and commendations; sell transit passes and tickets; balance cash; prepare bank deposits; record revenue; conduct passenger count and route surveys.
- Provide superior customer service throughout all interactions: in person, over the phone, through email, and in writing.
- Receive, record and track monetary transactions.
- Assist customers with trip planning, providing information relating to both fixed and paratransit routes and schedules.
- Schedule paratransit services.
- Maintain up-to-date transit system information including changes to schedules, routes, rider alerts and other pertinent rider information.
- Balance monetary receipts daily and prepare bank deposit.
- Receive and document service information such as phone calls, sales, and other information as required.
- Organize and maintain files and records according to established SARTA procedures.
- Collect revenue from sales, pick up unsold passes, and perform miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Fill schedule racks at transit centers.
- Stock and keep track of the schedule inventory.
- Knowledge of the field of assignment sufficient to perform thoroughly and accurately the full scope of responsibility as illustrated by example in the above job description.
- Knowledge of English composition and ability to understand verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in writing, in person and on the telephone.
- Ability to read, understand and explain system maps, schedules and timetables.
- Ability to work harmoniously with coworkers and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to maintain good public relations skills. Must be pleasant and courteous to the public at all times and exhibit a positive attitude.
- Mathematical ability to make change, sell passes, balance receipts, work with numbers, maintain an accurate cash control and prepare bank deposits.
This position oversees no direct reports.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Position Expected Hours of Work
- As scheduled, typically scheduled five 8 hour shifts between 7am-8pm, Monday-Saturday. Will be scheduled on a rotation covering all four of SARTA’s transit centers as well as our Gateway headquarters.
- Off Sundays
Required Education and Experience
- Maintain a valid driver’s license from state of residence with a good driving record.
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED.
Equal Employment Opportunity Non-Discrimination Statement
SARTA is committed to ensuring the values of equity, diversity, and productivity in the workplace. SARTA does not discriminate based on race, sex, national origin, religion, creed, disability, or age nor will it tolerate retaliation as protected by Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. SARTA maintains an Equal Employment Opportunity plan as a guide to maintain a diverse workforce reflective of the community we serve.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol test.
- Must be able to comply with SARTA’s Nicotine-free work environment.
- Must pass an employment physical examination to be certified for the position and maintain a physical condition which, either with or without accommodation, allows completion of all essential duties.
- Must be able to comply with SARTA’s Drug and Alcohol Policy and function in a drug-free and alcohol-free work environment.
- Must submit documentation supporting United States citizenship or an alien lawfully authorized to work in the United States in accordance with SARTA’s obligation under the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986.
- Must pass a criminal background investigation.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Must submit application at our website, SARTAonline.com/jobs
Applications submitted through the Apply Online button will NOT be accepted.
Deadline to apply: 5/13/2019