Customer Service Representative
|Date Posted||March 21, 2020|
You already us
Shearers is a privately held producer, co-manufacturer and distributor of quality snack foods sold under the Shearers brand, and other private labels. As a matter of fact, Shearers is the number one producer of kettle cooked chips in the world! As the leader in North America, we private label and co-manufacture salty snacks and we are the second largest producer of cookies and crackers. We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. So, while you may not be familiar with our name, you likely eat the products we make on a regular basis. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to realize significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 11 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com .
Customer Service Representative
The Customer Service Representative (CSR) works directly with our customers on a daily basis. In this role, the CSR will be responsible for managing customer orders and resolving any service concerns. The CSR must maintain a high level of professionalism and represent Shearers in the best possible light.
Your seat at the table
- Speak directly with customers to ensure prompt and accurate answers to their questions
- Manage orders received by phone or e-mail until the point of shipment
- Work with cross functional teams to resolve challenges
- Ensure orders are shipped on time and in full
- Track orders after shipment for discrepancies and notify the customer
- Investigate complaints and collaborate with appropriate departments to resolve
- Proactively reviews aging inventory and determines disposition
- Provide support to sales and management through information reporting
- Provide deduction resolution support with Sales and Account Receivables
- Other duties as assigned and as needed
What you bring to the table
- Bachelors Degree in a business related field or equivalent experience
- Ability to manage both internal and external customers
- Able to adapt and manage through change
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and shifting priorities in an organized manner to meet deadlines
- Must be able to work well with others in the spirit of cooperation
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills when working with customers and internal team members
- Strong analytical and Microsoft Office Suites skills
- Must be organized, dependable and self-motivated with the ability to set priorities.
- Proven track record with demonstrated ability to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Ability to quickly learn organizational structure and the team objectives
- Terrific work ethic accompanied by a high level of integrity and positive attitude
- Show grace under pressure
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Good time management skills with a problem solving attitude
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearers, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!
Apply for this job at Shearer's Snacks