|Date Posted||May 2, 2021|
Massillon Container Company/Vail Industries is seeking the ideal candidate for our Customer Service Specialist position to interact with customers to process orders, manage inventory, assist in new customer projects, coordinate bids from outside vendors and assist in ordering materials when needed. This position works with the Sales, Design and Production team and also assists in analyzing and evaluating material costs, manufacturing processes, and job requirements to prepare a timely and accurate cost estimate for prospective customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Customer Service Duties
- Build and maintain positive customer relationships that exceeds market expectations
- Advocate for and support Vail service and response standards
- Take incoming “roll-over” calls.
- Respond to customer inquiries on deliveries, pricing, quality issues, etc.
- Greet and direct all visitors.
- Keep accurate and updated list of active projects
- Notify customer of shortage or delayed orders.
- Handle customer complaints and questions and follow-up with appropriate internal personnel as required. Issue AFA’s and RGA’s as needed.
- Set up new customer accounts and maintain customer files and customer plans in quotes folder.
Order Fulfillment Duties
- Process customer purchase orders in a timely manner and schedule required materials
- Assist in procurement of job related materials as needed
- Determine lead times
- Schedule and acknowledge purchase orders within 24 hours of order receipt.
Inventory Management Duties
- Maintain inventory agreements and monitor on hand inventory and communicate with customers on a regular basis about the status of their inventory
- Monitor customer inventory and send regular reports on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Monitor over 0 days reports and notify customers and sales staff of aging items.
- Monitor SMI inventory through customer portal and replenish inventory when needed.
- Track warehouse items to insure availability and that agreed upon minimum/maximum levels are followed.
- Analyze monthly usages and re-stocking per customer
- Review daily game plan and schedule common carrier deliveries and send ASN’s.
- Schedule truck/driver for unplanned/rush orders.
- Upon driver request, contact customers if they anticipate missing their receiving hours.
- Complete expeditor documentation for overseas orders.
- Manage all incoming quote requests from customers
- Prepare cost estimates and price quotations on new work and engineering changes
- Coordinate preparation of cost estimates on project continuations
- Estimate the cost of labor and materials from CAD data and specifications provided
- Collect information for proper quotations from external sources
- Develop internal and external RFQ’s and manage the RFQ process with the supply chain and sales department
- Utilize cost estimating models to respond to customer RFQ’s.
- Coordinate changes in machine documentation with production to ensure accurate estimates
- Maintain accurate records of quotes
- Execute quotes based on customer plans submitted by sales
- Maintain margins and pricing consistency by reviewing past quotations and confirming with sales when needed
- Estimate and settle tooling change orders
- Build and maintain customer price lists in estimating system
- Assist on special projects to reach goals as specified by management.
- Cover invoicing when accounts receivables clerk is off.
- Complies with company policies and procedures
- Answers incoming telephone calls and directs guests as needed
- Additional duties as assigned by management.
- High school diploma with two or four-year degree in related area preferred and/or 1 to 3 years of experience in customer service/support required with some experience with technical drawings/documents a plus
- Self-motivated with a detail-oriented disposition
- Ability to multi task in a fast paced environment
- Highly organized and skilled in follow up as needed for success
- Effective mathematical skills
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to collect information for proper quotations from external sources
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office programs
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
Work is performed in an office environment and occasionally in the production area. Ability to see and hear, use hands and fingers to operate a computer and other standard office equipment, sit for extended periods, stand, bend, twist and lift up to 25 pounds.
This position works a full time Monday thru Friday day shift schedule, and has full benefits including low cost health insurance, employer paid short and long term disability and life insurance plans, progressive multi week PTO allowances, 11 paid holidays per year plus 401K with matching funds.
Massillon Container Company/Vail Industries is a stable drug free company and an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and we offer year round employment and advancement opportunities to all qualified candidates and employees.