|Date Posted||May 22, 2019|
Job Title: Diesel Mechanic
Status: Hourly - Non-Exempt
Reports To: Shop Foreman/Service Manager
Responsible for the installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of vehicles. Diagnose, adjust, repair or overhaul trucks, buses and all types of diesel engines.
- Promotes an atmosphere of goodwill and accountability between the company and the customer in a professional manner and provides a superior level of customer service and satisfaction.
- Expertly analyzes and diagnoses customer equipment problems and breakdowns. Recommends service and repair actions to resolve equipment performance problems.
- Makes appropriate equipment repairs or modifications to solve operating and performance problems dictated by an analysis of the customer’s equipment using approved procedures and diagnostic equipment. Complete story that includes utilizing the Complaint, Cause, Correction, and Coverage.
- Efficiently performs scheduled equipment maintenance per customer agreement. Follows all scheduled maintenance procedures and policies as dictated by the company.
- Observes all safety procedures, makes certain that hazardous waste is properly disposed.
- Provides well-maintained personal tools required to effectively perform equipment service duties.
- Maintain and secure company tools.
- Maintains work area in a clean, orderly and hazard-free manner.
- Cooperatively performs additional duties when assigned.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information. Basic understanding of a PC and diagnostic equipment. Understands the mechanical and operational components of these vehicles. Effective written and oral communication skills and the ability to relate well to others – customers, co-workers and management. ASE certification is an asset. Willingness to pursue self-development courses and those available through the OEM. Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record. CDL is an asset.
Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required. This is normally acquired through a high
school diploma or equivalent. Advanced skills (Journeyman level) required and knowledge of
machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair and maintenance.
Individual should be outgoing, friendly, energetic, organized and flexible. This individual should also be dependable with high work ethics and a positive attitude. Ability to work effective and efficiently in a team environment.
Working conditions are normal for a service environment. Work involves frequent lifting of materials up to and exceeding 50 pounds. Continuous reaching or working above shoulder level. Pulling full body weight to climb in and out of trucks. Working under trucks using a creeper which requires bending and twisting of the body and holding tools and parts above body level. Machinery and tool operation requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, hearing protectors. Loose fitting clothes are not permitted. Will be required to wear dealership provided uniform.
Valid Driver’s License
CDL License is desirable
ASE Certifications are desirable