|Date Posted||April 30, 2021|
You already ♥LOVE♥ us
Shearer’s is a privately held producer, leading co-manufacturer and distributor of quality snack foods sold under the Shearer’s brand, and other private labels. Ranking number one in private brand and contract manufactured salty snacks, as well as the number two supplier of private brand cookies and crackers in North America, you love our products, although you may not be familiar with our name! We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to embrace significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 12 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America.
At Shearer’s, we provide the safest environment possible for our employees by providing proper PPE (Personal Protective Equipment), frequent and thorough sanitation practices, social distancing, daily temperature checks, as well as virtual interviewing options. Safety is our absolute priority.
The Director of Food Service / QR is responsible for the development and execution of strategy to lead a team and drive sales of private label and branded products to the leading Food Service distributors and QSR (Quick Serve Restaurants) accounts. It is expected that this individual will demonstrate exceptional leadership and be able to forge relationships broadly and, at increasingly higher levels within the customer’s organization. The candidate must remain actively involved in customer service, production, quality assurance, and logistics situations.
*This role is remote and can sit from any location within the US*
Your seat at the table
- 60% travel
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of Shearer’s business model and how it pertains to potential customers, with an awareness of the differentiators that separate Shearer’s from its competitors.
- Develop, Lead, Coach, and Motivate a team of Sales / Business Managers
- Through market analytics and knowledge of the marketplace, identify potential new business.
- Utilizing Category Management tools and knowledge of customer needs, develop and present strategies to Foodservice / QSR that secures additional business for Shearers.
- Utilize joint business planning principles. Stay connected within the industry by managing and driving sales thru attending relevant trade shows and conferences, keeping abreast of industry developments and appropriate industry literature.
What you bring to the table
- Bachelor’s degree and 7+ years’ experience, scope and scale aligned
- Demonstrated leadership experience that enabled achievement of profitable growth through both individual and team efforts
- Significant sales experience required, preferably with in the Food Service and QSR industry. Optimum candidate has QSR relationships as well as experience managing broker network to maximize sales, negotiating distributor marketing programs and proven track record in working jointly with foodservice / QSR accounts to achieve sales growth year over year.
- Must have solid business and financial acumen in order to manage customer profitability.
- Must understand manufacturing, QA, and logistics in order to provide problem-solving support for customers.
- Able to work well with others in the spirit of collaboration and exhibit great leadership capabilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and demonstrate the ability to listen attentively to others; to communicate in a clear, concise, understandable manner; to understand business situations; and to create enthusiasm for the company (with customers) or for the customers (within the company).
- Organized, dependable, self-motivated, professional person with the ability to set priorities, delegate effectively, manage multiple tasks, and meet deadlines.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace because at Shearer’s, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!