|Date Posted||November 16, 2021|
♥ You already love us ♥
Shearer’s is a privately held producer, leading co-manufacturer and distributor of quality snack foods sold under the Shearer’s brand, and other private labels. Ranking number one in private brand and contract manufactured salty snacks, as well as the number two supplier of private brand cookies and crackers in North America, you love our products, although you may not be familiar with our name! We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to embrace significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 12 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com .
At Shearer’s, we provide the safest environment possible for our employees by providing proper PPE (Personal Protective Equipment), frequent and thorough sanitation practices, social distancing, daily temperature checks, as well as virtual interviewing options. Safety is our absolute priority.
Director of Category Management
This position is located at our Corporate Service Center
Your seat at the table!
This position is responsible for developing and executing category strategies which address consumer needs, influence shopper behavior, and drive category growth while partnering with Shearer’s commercial team. They will serve as the category thought leader internally and externally while reporting to the Sr. Director of Commercial Insights.
- Proven ability to manage and prioritize multiple customer and internal demands
- Lead all relevant data organization and data mining of new and existing data sources; primarily Nielsen
- Develop storylines and presentations to effectively communicate findings both internally and externally
- Ability to tailor category vision and strategies to engage different customer bases
- Proven experience leading, developing, and deploying category plans that drive growth
- Identify innovation or gap opportunities with customers through data driven analysis related to product trends and assortment needs
- Demonstrated strengths in analysis and interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate with enthusiasm and impact.
- Partner cross-functionally with Sales, Commercialization and Marketing teams to identify trends and opportunities
- Manage Ad-Hoc requests across Sales teams and be able to clearly articulate results and insights
- Lead direct report (supplied by Nielsen) to ensure all category needs for the business are completed at a high level and on time
What you bring to the table
- Experience with working with retailer and industry data
- 5-7 years of experience in data category management, analytics, and insights within the CPG industry
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Advanced Excel Skills preferred
- Experience with syndicated third party industry data including Nielsen or IRI
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to story-tell with data
- Strong organizational skills and sharp attention to detail
- Self-motivated with ability to multi-task, adapt quickly, lead a team, and complete projects in a timely manner
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Tuition Assistance, Adoption Assistance, Scholarships, Leadership Training, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer’s, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!
Note: Shearer’s does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Shearer’s is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.