|Date Posted||June 6, 2021|
You already ♥ us
Shearer’s is a privately held producer, leading co-manufacturer and distributor of quality snack foods sold under the Shearer’s brand, and other private labels. Ranking number one in private brand and contract manufactured salty snacks, as well as the number two supplier of private brand cookies and crackers in North America, you love our products, although you may not be familiar with our name! We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to embrace significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 12 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com
*This role can sit anywhere within the United States*
The Director of Sales, Wal-Mart/Sams will have responsibility for developing and achieving the Annual Operating Plan for Wal-Mart for the branded and Private branded portfolios. Emphasis will be building market share, expanding distribution and implementing retail programs that will not only meet customer requirements but ensure retail prominence at Wal-Mart. YouDirtector will be responsible for developing long-term strategies to build category relevancy. The candidate must be a strong leader with the ability to motivate, take risks, and problem solve. This person must have a strong degree of energy with a results oriented and entrepreneurial mindset as well as be a disciplined planner and implementer with strategic thinking ability.
Your Seat at the Table:
- Directs, coaches, and coordinates activities of sales for Wal-Mart and Sams.
- Drives clear collaborative communication of all objectives/priorities ensuring execution excellence in all geographies.
- Responsible for Private Label and Branded sales to ensure full development of volume opportunities and category growth initiatives.
- Develops and maintains customer relationships, penetrating the executive level of the customer’s management team, to include the execution of the customer annual planning process.
- Develops strategies and executes sales initiatives that achieve delivery of planned volume, revenue and profit objectives. Works cross functionally to develop annual plans and strategies.
- Manages the Wal-Mart/Sams team through coaching and mentoring creating a results focused environment, fostering teamwork, and coordinating effective utilization of cross-functional resources.
- Acts as a field interface with Shearer Foods corporate by conferring with EVP, Sales to review achievements and discuss required changes in goals or objectives resulting from current status and conditions. Communicates and ensures alignment of strategies with product solutions, marketing, customer service, finance and DSD sales.
- Develop best in class sales presentations that will educate and provide action oriented responses by internal and external customers.
What you bring to the Table:
- BS/BA with 10+ years of related experience. MBA is a plus.
- Have recruited, developed and led a sales team that includes direct employees and independent sales groups.
- A strong cultural fit, an individual with integrity, ethics, strong collaborative and consensus building skills.
- Customer management experience in multiple channels of retail with strong top to top relationships.
- A proven record of developing effective sales plans and strategies though innovative programs and products.
- Documented success in launching and selling branded and private label products to multiple retail channels with a focus on the Mass and Club channels.
- Demonstrated success utilizing category management principles.
- Excellent presentation, negotiating and analytical skills are required.
- Demonstrated ability to use and analyze retail link data.
- Pragmatic and disciplined approach in managing multiple projects, meeting deadlines, problem solving and priority setting skills.
- Must be completely PC proficient with an intermediate knowledge of power point and excel.
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer’s, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!
Note: Shearer’s does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Shearer’s is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.