|Date Posted||May 3, 2022|
You already love us!
Shearer’s is a privately held producer, leading co-manufacturer and distributor of quality snack foods sold under the Shearer’s brand, and other private labels. Ranking number one in private brand and contract manufactured salty snacks, as well as the number two supplier of private brand cookies and crackers in North America, you love our products, although you may not be familiar with our name! We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to embrace significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 12 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com .
Director, Talent, Learning, & Development
The Leadership & Development Director is an integral part of the Human Resources Leadership team that provides organizational leadership in the design, delivery, and management of the Talent Management and Learning and Development functions for Shearer’s Snacks. This role is a specialist, leading a small team, who has experience in building on an existing talent management system foundation and developing impactful Leadership Development programs and solutions. The role requires expertise in talent management as well as leadership and management competencies combined with an ability to design and deploy world-class learning and development solutions across geographical boundaries. The Leader will report to the CHRO.
Your seat at the table
- Expand upon existing foundational talent management systems and processes. Establish engaging methods to develop the skills and capabilities of internal people leaders to deploy meaningful performance feedback, individual development plans and generate employee growth.
- Support the achievement of succession planning objectives through talent and learning and development initiatives, tools, and partnership with leaders.
- Partner with key stakeholders to proactively identify training needs through needs assessments, presenting recommendations and developing learning and performance solutions to address performance gaps.
- Identify and assess the capabilities required for our operations leaders including plant leaders, operations leaders, and front-line leaders to be successful and establish a baseline of capability.
- Partner effectively and collaboratively with external resources as dictated by business needs.
- Develop and deploy a targeted leadership development program for front-line leaders.
- Design in-house, and with expert third parties, solutions which include a blended approach to learning such as coaching, classroom training, active learning, and e-learning.
- Program delivery and management.
- Must have capability to develop deployment plans for identified organizational talent and learning opportunities. In partnership with HR leadership team create associated change management and communications tools required for the successful deployment of programs.
- Ensure delivery of programs in line with business expectations and agreed milestones. Establish facilitator network, including defining and maintaining facilitator quality frameworks.
- Reporting and analysis.
- Develop an evaluation strategy for each learning program and partner with HR and Operations to provide timely, meaningful, and accurate reporting on learning effectiveness, individual and business performance.
- Analyze data to identify capability gaps. Provide regular monitoring, analysis and reporting of budget and spend.
What you bring to the table
- Bachelor’s degree (HR, L&D, Business), or equivalent work experience
- Curriculum design and development experience.
- Must have deep expertise in performance management, leadership development, talent calibration and succession planning.
- Must be a dynamic speaker, who is able to deliver programs from small groups to hundreds of individuals.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work independently and manage, plan, and prioritize work.
- Strong analytical acumen, strategic mindset, and an ability to move forward with ambiguous information.
- Training development, instructional design, and facilitation experience.
- Knowledge of adult learning theory and practice.
- 25% travel will be required.
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer’s, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!
Note: Shearer’s does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Shearer’s is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.