|Date Posted||January 5, 2022|
· Work with Family Service staff and Bus Drivers, under the direction of the Transportation Manager, to place children on routes.
· Prepare necessary child paperwork for drivers in a timely manner prior to start date.
· Dispatch busses according to schedule. Arrange for extra busses and/or drivers as needed (accidents, field trips, staff absenteeism)
· Monitor bus radio communications during active transportation routes. Communicate with drivers as needed to assist with children, traffic incidents, accidents, etc. Log all radio communications as directed and report all areas of concern to Transportation Manager.
· Answer all incoming calls from parents/guardians. Log all call-offs and record in Child Plus. Report call-offs to centers as necessary.
· Maintain safe work place environment in the bus garage area in accordance with regulations and agency policies and procedures.
· Drive as a substitute bus driver when needed. Conduct all duties and responsibilities of a bus driver when driving.
· Report all vehicle maintenance concerns or safety hazards to Transportation Manager.
· Report, in writing, to the Transportation Manager all traffic moving violations or charges as required by state and federal rules.
· Maintain confidentiality in all areas for children, families, staff, and records.
· Attend all required trainings and in-services.
· Must possess high school diploma or GED equivalent
· Must possess a valid CDL license with a minimum Class B and SP endorsement and bus driver certificate.
· Proficient in basic computer skills such as data entry, email, spreadsheets. Ability to operate telephone, bus radio and basic office equipment.
· Must have demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills. Must possess ability to seek solutions and solve problems.