Early Head Start – Home Visitor (Teacher)
|Date Posted||July 15, 2019|
- Plan and implement developmentally appropriate, individualized, learning activities using prescribed curriculum. Drive to family home to conduct weekly 90-minute home visits with each assigned family.
- Create and maintain respectful partnerships with families. Create an environment that supports the curriculum, the individual needs of the children and families with an emphasis on encouraging the family as the first teachers of their children.
- Coordinate with parents to ensure that well-child exams, immunizations, health screenings, and nutrition assessments are complete and necessary follow up occurs.
- Plan and provide bi-monthly socialization activities for infants/toddlers and their primary caregivers. Assist with providing transportation to activities using agency vehicles.
- Record and document anecdotal notes. Maintain and update child portfolios.
- Evaluate developmental progress of children and record progress using prescribed child assessment tool.
- Assist in recruitment efforts to identify and enroll children in the EHS Home-Base program.
- Maintain certifications in First Aid, Child Abuse, Communicable Disease and CPR.
- Attend all required trainings and in-services.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must possess Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development, or a related field or an Associate’s Degree with a minimum of 15 credit hours earned toward a BA in ECE or related field, withInfant/Toddler coursework and a minimum of six (6) months documented successful experience in an Infant/Toddler environment. Early Head Start home-based experience preferred.
- Pre-employment background check, drug screen and physical required.
- A current, valid driver’s license is required.