|Date Posted||November 15, 2020|
You already ♥ us
Shearer’s is a privately held producer, co-manufacturer and distributor of quality snack foods sold under the Shearer’s brand, and other private labels. As a matter of fact, Shearers is the number one producer of kettle cooked chips in the world! As the leader in North America, we private label and co-manufacture salty snacks and we are the second largest producer of cookies and crackers. We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. So, while you may not be familiar with our name, you likely eat the products we make on a regular basis. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to realize significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 11 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com .
You will play a critical role for the Massillon/Millennium manufacturing facility. The Coordinator undertakes operational activities required to meet the Safety and Environmental Plan. Activities include facilitating the flow of health & safety information and programs, providing training on general EHS program requirements and completing EHS projects, audits and inspections. This is located in a manufacturing environment, which includes exposure to high temperatures, fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration, and loud noise levels.
What you'll be doing
- Participate in and set the example for an interdependent safety and environmental culture capable of achieving zero incidents and injuries
- Deliver training to create a culture of safety, ensure competence and compliance
- Deliver safety orientation training to prepare new employees for safe work
- Administer behavior based programs to create a brother’s keeper safety culture
- Participate in incident and emergency response, investigation, root cause analysis
- Partner with employees and supervisor to complete investigations, identification of root causes for all incidents
- Gather and report safety and environmental metrics
- Conduct safety and environmental risk assessments and audits
- Participate in team based safety and environmental processes
- Administer near miss reporting and correction process (including tracking and closure)
- Implement and oversee employee PPE supply and distribution
- Implement environmental and safety communications processes (toolbox talks, communication boards, newsletters, etc.)
- Perform safety and environmental regulatory inspections (SWPPP, SPCC, Wastewater, LOTO, Confined Space, Egress, Machine Guarding, etc.)
- Maintain current knowledge of safety and environmental regulations and practices through networking and seminars
- Participate in implementation, administration and recordkeeping to ensure compliance with local, state and federal safety and environmental requirements
Do you have the Right Stuff?
- High school education or GED equivalent
- 2-5 years of job related experience
- Experience with training and/or facilitating
- Participation in inspections, implementation, administration and recordkeeping to ensure compliance with local, state and federal safety and environmental requirements.
- Strong communication and organizational skills
What’s In It For You?
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer’s, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!
To all recruitment agencies: Shearer’s Snacks does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, employees or any other company location. Shearer’s is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.