EHS Manager, Hermiston, OR
|Date Posted||July 1, 2019|
You already us
Shearers is a privately held producer, co-manufacturer and distributor of quality snack foods sold under the Shearers brand, and other private labels. As a matter of fact, Shearers is the number one producer of kettle cooked chips in the world! As the leader in North America, we private label and co-manufacture salty snacks and we are the second largest producer of cookies and crackers. We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. So, while you may not be familiar with our name, you likely eat the products we make on a regular basis. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to realize significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 11 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com .
EHS Manager, Hermiston, OR
Your seat at the table
You will lead EHS in the plant and serve as the technical resource for all relevant people safety and environmental compliance areas. You will work with plant leaders and associates to eliminate risks and injuries in the workplace and create and implement procedures that effectively control and reduce injury and health exposures. This position also ensures compliance with all federal and state safety, health and environmental requirements.
As the Hermiston Plant's Champion for Safety, youll work with the team to identify continuous improvement opportunities in safety-- youll lead the way by developing and executing on plant safety improvement plans. As a leader in the plant, you will partner with operations and act as an independent voice to monitor safety and environmental performance.
- Serve as the technical resource for all relevant, plant employee safety and environmental compliance areas.
- Provide leadership to create a culture of employee empowerment and ownership of site safety best practices and activities.
- Build relationships throughout the plant to implement environmental, health, and safety practices.
- Drive improvement using behavior-based observation systems and culture.
- Assist in the safety evaluation of new projects, equipment and ventures; evaluate and recommend actions to improve safety performance and to reduce risk. Participate in process safety reviews conducted on site operations.
- Support the organization and individual managers in their pursuit of meeting their safety improvement goals.
- Monitor audit process ensuring that all audits are completed and properly documented.
- Lead site safety committee activities, as well as daily / weekly / monthly safety meetings.
- Conduct regular training with all associates as needed/required, for both compliance and to drive improvements.
What you bring to the table
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Chemistry, or Health Sciences
- Experience in the environmental, health, & safety field in food manufacturing
- Minimum 5 years of progressive leadership responsibility
- Knowledge of environmental regulations: air, wastewater, solid and hazardous waste regulations, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to interact with all levels of the organization, including the plant floor, customers and suppliers
- Experience with modern safety and environmental improvement techniques and methods
- Demonstrated organizational, communication, research and analytical skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant federal, state and local occupational environmental, health and safety laws and regulations
- Ability to work flexible schedule
Relocation assistance is available
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearers, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!
To all recruitment agencies:Shearers Snacks does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, employees or any other company location. Shearers is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Apply for this job at Shearer's Snacks