Emergency Management Planner
|Date Posted||July 3, 2019|
Stark County Emergency Management Agency
Emergency Management Planner
The Stark County Emergency Management Agency (EMA) is now accepting resumes for the position of Emergency Management Planner. This unclassified position reports to the EMA Director and Deputy Director and falls under the hiring authority of the Stark County Board of Commissioners. This Planner position will work with local officials and other planners/contractors to maintain, update and develop local hazard plans; ensuring compliance with state and federal planning regulations and guidelines.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of urban, suburban and rural areas of the County, strong communication skills, and the ability to effectively interact with government officials involved with public safety and emergency planning.
A sample of illustrative duties includes:
- Establish, review and update departmental plans, including but not limited to: the Natural Hazard Mitigation Plan; Emergency Operations Plan (EOP); Emergency Support Functions (ESF); and other plans as state federal requirements dictate;
- Assist and provide guidance on natural/man-made disasters to political subdivisions of Stark County in the accomplishment of comprehensive emergency planning relative to preparedness, mitigation, response and recovery;
- Collect and evaluate disaster data to update and improve current or future plans relating to county plans;
- Ensure that Stark County is represented as a full and active participant in emergency and disaster exercises by coordinating the testing and exercising of various elements of the countywide emergency preparedness and response plans;
- Complete spill reports for the LEPC as needed and assist the HAZMAT team control officers as required by EMA Director;
- Assess training needs and schedules training; develops and maintains database of required administrative information;
- Monitor and update the Stark County EMA’s social media accounts;
- Assist with the preparedness and maintenance of equipment in the Emergency Operations Center and Radio room;
- Assists in daily office functions as directed the EMA Director and all other duties as assigned or required;
- Maintain required licensures and certifications;
- Other duties as assigned;
- Demonstrate regular and predictable attendance.
Qualifications include a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent with at least two (2) years of experience working with public safety personnel and completion of the Federal Emergency Management Agency Professional Development Series (PDS). Preference will be given to candidates with a Bachelor’s degree in Emergency Management or related field.
The salary range for this position is set at $37,500 to $41,000 annually.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter, post marked no later than Friday, July 19, 2019 to:
Stark County EMA
4500 Atlantic Blvd. N.E.
Canton, Ohio 44705
Or via email to: StarkEMA@starkcountyohio.gov Subject: PLANNER