|Date Posted||December 29, 2019|
Scope of Work:
Develop and sustain working relationships with local and regional employers, industry leaders, training and education institutions to identify opportunities that support the talent development, employment linkage and employee retention of job seekers and workers served through SCCAA’s education and workforce services. In shared collaboration with SCCAA’s community partners and industry leaders assist with the development of career opportunities that provide an opportunity to achieve self-sufficiency and economic mobility.
- Identify and foster effective relationships between businesses, industry representatives, trade and labor unions to advance the employment linkage of job seekers and workers served through SCCAA education and workforce services.
- Utilize industry-related assessment and pre-employment screenings tools to assess eligibility for employment, career aptitude, interests, and skill-sets of job seekers and workers seeking to participate in SCCAA education and workforce services, with the goal to best match their skills with the needs of employers.
- Work with businesses and industry representatives to identify and implement strategies to support employee retention of job seekers and workers connected to employment opportunities.
- Plan and coordinate recruitment events in partnership with identified businesses, industry representatives, trade and labor unions to support the employment linkage of job seekers and workers.
- Develop and maintain a data system to document the needs and outcomes of program participants and advance the continuous improvement of SCCAA’s education and workforce services.
- Prepare performance reports and maintains current labor market information and industry-related forecasts and employment trends.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, and Abilities:
- Possess a baccalaureate degree in one of the relevant fields (i.e. business administration, human resource management marketing or communication.
- Minimum of three years of professional experience in workforce development or related field.
- Effectively market and represent the hiring agency, its clients and program services.
- Capacity to work with diverse populations and community partners.
- Proven experience in the development of successful partnerships.
- Ability to work with internal and external contacts at all levels.
- Skilled in the use of technology, including Microsoft products and Google Docs.
- Maintain confidential and sensitive information.
- Effectively communicate in both oral and written formats.
- Possess a valid driving license and provide proof of automobile insurance.