|Date Posted||May 5, 2019|
Job Title: Enrichment Counselor
Work Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m., (June to early August)
Position Concept: The Counselor is responsible for planning, leading and implementing core and non-core program activities for children in small group settings. The Counselor shall also be responsible for the general safety and development, growth and skills achievement of participants in his/her group
Duties and Responsibilities
- Function as an active member of the Enrichment Program to promote a positive experience for children.
- Assist in the active supervision of children and be responsible for the well-being and health of camp participants.
- Act as a role model for children including mentoring and educating.
- Develop engaging recreational games and activities daily.
- Maintain accurate records of camp activities, attendance and incident reports
- Assist daily in the proper meal/snack service to each child.
- Engage parents and guardians of the participating children to ensure safety during drop-off and pick-up.
- Responsible for mediation of conflicts that may arise with children to ensure a peaceful environment.
Skills and Specifications
- Excellent interpersonal skills especially with children.
- Must pass pre-employment background, drug test, and physical assessment screening.
- Ability to direct, coordinate and participate in strenuous physical activities and field trips
- Two to three years of demonstrated work experience working with children from diverse social, economic, racial and cultural backgrounds.
High School graduate with at least two years of college, BA preferred or a combination of training, education, and experience that is the equivalent to the employment standards listed herein and that provide the required knowledge and abilities.