|Date Posted||December 20, 2019|
Escrow Officer / Closing Agent
Alpha Land Title Agency, Inc. – Canton, OH 44718
About Our Team:
Alpha Land Title Agency, Inc. is a full-service title company with over 60 years of experience, providing a variety of services including title insurance for residential and commercial properties, title searches, lien reports and construction loan escrow accounts serving all 88 counties in Ohio. Alpha is wholly owned by Krugliak, Wilkins, Griffiths & Dougherty Co., L.P.A. an award winning law firm comprised of 58 attorneys practicing in over 25 specialty areas of law within their five Ohio locations.
We are currently seeking to hire an experienced Escrow Officer/Closing Agent in our Canton/Belden Village area office. In this position you will be responsible to efficiently and effectively manage the escrow and closing transaction from the initial opening of the title & escrow order through closing, disbursement and recording. You will communicate daily with, and shall be responsible to foster and maintain good relationships with, internal teams, lenders, real estate agents, surveyors, customers and vendors to ensure smooth and accurate residential and commercial closings.
You will be responsible to exercise significant independent judgment and possess the knowledge, experience, and interpersonal skills necessary to efficiently handle any situation which may arise before, during or after the closing.
Some of the responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintain escrow files and perform data entry in SoftPro
- Prepare closing and post-closing packages
- Handle wire activities and deposit funds as required
- Request invoices from local offices and underwriters
- Update files and documents accordingly
- Provide other administrative support and client engagement when needed
- Submit closing documents (e.g. deeds, mortgages, etc.) for recording
- Facilitate electronic recordings and work with the local recorders as needed
- Review rejected recordings, make corrections and resubmit
- Collaborate with Real Estate Attorneys, Underwriters and Examiners
- Follow closing instructions and meet deadlines for policy issuance
The ideal Escrow Officer / Closing Agent will possess the following qualifications.
- College degree is preferred
- 2 plus years of title / escrow experience is preferred
- Ohio title insurance license a plus
- Proficiency with MS Office software
- SoftPro experience is preferred
- Superior organization and accuracy
- Interpersonal with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Medical with FSA options
- Short-term disability
- Company-paid life Insurance and long-term disability
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid time off & holiday pay
Job Type: Full-time, hourly
Hourly Wage: $19.00 to $23.00 per hour. Wage to commensurate with experience.