|Date Posted||May 21, 2020|
Executive Administrative Assistant to the County Administrator and Board of Stark County Commissioners
Human Resources is now accepting resumes for the position of Executive Administrative Assistant to the County Administrator and Board of Stark County Commissioners. This full-time, unclassified position will assist the County Administrator and Director of Management and Budget with all administrative matters in support of the Board of County Commissioners.
The ideal candidate will have outstanding administrative and organizational skills with the ability to exercise sound judgment; display strong written and verbal communication skills; and balance multiple priorities and projects from conception to completion. The Executive Administrative Assistant must be able to work independently, as well as with others in high pressure situations, covering a variety of activities.
A sample of illustrative duties include:
- Perform a variety of administrative tasks ranging from basic office assistance (copying, filing, answering phones, maintaining calendars, setting up appointments, creating itineraries and agendas) to more advanced analytical tasks that require knowledge of County policies and procedures;
- Research, prioritize and follow-up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to executive leadership, and recommend appropriate action or response;
- Keep executive management informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities;
- Prepare and edit written memos, letters, reports and other materials on behalf of executive management for a variety of audiences throughout the County;
- Create presentations (i.e. PowerPoint) for executive management;
- Manage conflicting priorities; anticipate needs, handle matters proactively and expeditiously and follow through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures;
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with Board members, coworkers and colleagues, and outside partners; and
- Other related duties as assigned.
A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university in a relevant field is preferred, with three (3) to five (5) years of experience working in an office environment for senior executive management. Previous governmental experience is a plus.
Valid State of Ohio driver’s license.
Compensation and Benefits
The pay range is set at $33,000 to $41,000 annually. Salary will be commensurate with education and experience. This position is eligible for health, dental and vision insurance and OPERS retirement benefits.
This position will be open until filled. Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to:
Stark County Human Resources
Attn: Personnel Manager
110 Central Plaza South, Suite 240
Canton, Ohio 44705
or via email to:
Subject: Executive Assistant