|July 10, 2019
Project REBUILD’s mission is to re-engage young adults to create pathways to academic, professional, and leadership opportunities while providing them with the skills and support to set them up for lifelong success.
It offers young people between the ages of 16-24 the opportunity to learn appropriate workplace behaviors, finish their education, and learn technical construction skills. The comprehensive program also includes leadership development, community service, case management, workforce development, life skills curriculum, mentoring and post-program support.
Responsible for maintaining and making necessary repairs to organization- owned facilities, properties and vehicles. Will work in coordination with Program Manager and/or Construction Manager to ensure that supplies are stocked, equipment is in good-working order and items are stored in an orderly manner.
· Responsible for general cleanliness of all facilities and properties. May be required to train and supervise members in the safe and appropriate use of products and equipment necessary.
· Coordinate with the Construction Manager and/or Program Manager to ensure that supplies necessary for the position are stocked and inventoried.
· Responsible for leading member crews in snow removal, mowing, weeding, trimming, etc of properties that the organization owns and/or is responsible for upkeep.
· General regular maintenance of building items – furnace filters, light bulbs, security cameras, batteries, etc.
· General regular maintenance of vehicles – coordinate oil changes and service appointments, wash and clean out of vehicles, regular safety checks
· Coordinate and maintain safety equipment and inspections (fire inspections, first aid kits, etc).
· Create and maintain a system for organizing materials, supplies, and equipment.
· Work with the Construction Manager to purchase and/or deliver material and equipment to worksites.
· Coordinate on-campus projects as needed.
· Assist in vocational training and development of trainee’s leadership skills in conjunction with other YouthBuild Staff.
· Teach the proper use and handling of all hand tools, power tools and equipment
· Assist Construction Manager with overall safety enforcement
· Keep inventory of all tools and equipment owned and/or leased by the organization
· Attend staff meetings and coordinate individual participant plans with other YouthBuild staff
· Serve as a positive role model and mentor to all trainees in the program
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Minimum of two (2) year experience in facilities or janitorial field
· Must have valid driver’s license and be eligible to added to organization’s insurance
· Must be able to pass BCI/FBI background check
· Flexible, energetic, positive individual with a commitment to youth development in a high quality, respectful environment
· Strong management and supervisory skills
· Strong written and oral skills
· Ability to nurture and support young people in the program as they create and strive to achieve goals in their lives, strengthen their leadership skills, build skills and formulate plans for their future success
· Ability to establish rapport and relate sensitively to a multiracial group of young people and staff
· Excellent interpersonal skills with nonjudgmental approach and style
Project REBUILD provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Project REBUILD complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. Project REBUILD expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with any employee’s ability to perform his/her job duties will not be tolerated.